Author Topic: It's Coon Hunt time. That's Seeburgs coon hunt you racists  (Read 15878 times)

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
That looks unfknbelievable Daniel. Well done.
Amazing work Dan , Mate that looks so good , compared to what it was fmd!
Nice chrome too really sets it off ,
 I hope the rest of the work goes well to.
 Are you working on the cabinet and internals now?
One-Ball!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Made a new back door for the gun stand need to paint that the. Wire in the main cable from the stand to the target section then the gun stands done.  Then I can move onto the target section

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
This projects been on hold for a while due the the unavailable space needed to respay the target section but had some down time with a stuffed neck and back decided that rewiring the gun stand cable was something I could do (but previously couldn't be bothered doing haha)   So basically now I have the gun stand finished all the way to the target section.

New paint
New chrome
New cables

Also thanks to [MENTION=12190]wiredoug[/MENTION] who found the original Cashbox buried in a stack of crap at his factory the gunstands complete and working. 

Which then got me tinkering with the internals.      At some stage a coil had been removed so the right hand raccoon did nothing having no luck finding the missing parts

I tried a little bush engineering voltages were about right 30v decided to have a crack at making a replacement in theory it worked and mechanically it worked but wasn't strong enough.   

After that's failed I started reading the manual and schematics seeing what else it was supposed to do and repaired the score lights,  the player rating and the moon

You get 20 shots per game each hit scores a point 12 hits equals marksman 16 hits (I think) equals sharpshooter and 20 hits Equals complete mental blank..... sorry lol

Also everytime a raccoon is hit it's eyes light up is tail lifts and it drops down the tree while the moon lights up and so does the owls eyes while
The whiner makes a noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Austwide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
Good to see that Beach Time went to a good home

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Good to see that Beach Time went to a good home
. Its ok I didn't steal the coil out out of beach time hahaha

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well it’s only taken me 3 years and a pandemic to finally get me the time to start on the cabinet,   I was planing a closed cabinet respray but when I got the paint out there may not be enough to do the whole unit,    So I figured it atleast do the door the. After quarantine get some more and spray the cab if I don’t have enough, 

I grew some balls and stripped the door and found some original paint that’s been covered since day one and wow just wow these games look like they were painted in candy apple red and the effort and quality of the build is amazing primer spray putty beautiful timber joinery.   Damn I’d love to see a fully original one

Managed to get the cardboard off without any extra damage thankfully

Hopefully sand the hi fill tommorrow and lay on some red see how I go

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
A little bit over half way through quarantine and progressing well I think I’m going to need to go back to work for a holiday Hahahaha

Got the front door in red sadly won’t be enough to paint the cabinet properly but hoping to atleast have enough to prep it’s and give it a light coat until I can get more paint, 

Gave the topper some attention aswell

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Another big day not long left on my free time I mean quarantine sadly

Got the cabinet all stripped primed and painted the last 2 days I was getting low on the red so I decided I’d use the remaining red from raceway for the base coat and the back atleast that was if the proper red ran out it would look ok until I’m able to make it to the paint shop..   Hahahaha well that failed

I thinner it down in the tim ready to spray picked up the tin and it just slipped out of my hand as anyone knows me know I lost my shit cursing and swearing and trying not to smash things .

Luckily my neighbour heard my hissy fit and when I rang the paint shop and found out they were open he drove down and got me another litre what a legend,

The cabinet and door still need to be cut and polished at some stage if needed but atleast it’s at the stage I can put all the fragile bits back together
 Here it is on it’s freshly chromed legs well if you call 3 years fresh

It now has the glass back in and some of the cardboard artwork one major piece of artwork left but it needs to be delicately cleaned before going back in good job for tomorrow while waiting for paint to dry
It’s a big bastard with the topper on I don’t think it will fit under the roller door

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well the visuals are all done apart from the sign writing, hopefully spans some time on the mech soon

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Looks great mate, neighbour is a top bloke  %.%

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Truly beautiful
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Had to make room for it in the lineup needed the room to start some other work can’t wait to get it going

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Another saved game restored for the Museum. Awesome !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Thanks Nino

Still the mechanism to go yet but it’s getting closer,     My son requested we start another project that’s been on the shelf for about 10 years how could I say no to his first piece of interest

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Had some globes arrive today so I wired the power cord back in still waiting on the Edison type globes to light up the cardboard artwork in the door now