Author Topic: Bugs Bunny Reproduction Ramp Quality Discussion  (Read 8892 times)

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bugs Bunny Reproduction Ramp Quality Discussion
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2016, 11:35:51 PM »
Whilst we are talking about Bugs Bunny..the Bill of Materials with all those ramps and the licence costs - shame that the game was pretty average. The drop down ramps were a new innovation but it's a game that doesn't really get sought after all that much.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2016, 03:36:40 AM »
Whilst we are talking about Bugs Bunny..the Bill of Materials with all those ramps and the licence costs - shame that the game was pretty average. The drop down ramps were a new innovation but it's a game that doesn't really get sought after all that much.

while us pinheads dont want it, I have heard that it is a popular choice for families wanting just one machine

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2016, 05:26:13 AM »
Yep for sure, good point. Killer choice for the casual one pin families. Don't see it pop up much so people must hang onto them.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »
Thoroughly entertaining, my vote for best thread ever! Made my night! Gold  *)*

The better question is whether we have the foresight to recognise this opportunity to cash in on the all time high of the gold price and ensure that it never drops back down again to its low.

while us pinheads dont want it, I have heard that it is a popular choice for families wanting just one machine

Really? Ask any kid in the 5-12 aqe bracket and their immediate answer tech wise would be something that can be played on an XBox One/PS4/DS.

More likely demographic for a twenty plus year old piece of tech given the theme is a white male aged in his mid '40s who is trying to relive his youth.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:01:09 AM by pinsanity »

Offline KBRI1700

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2016, 09:14:00 AM »

What about someone who appreciates the pre 80's Looney Tunes cartoons?

Not trying to capture any aspect of their youth, just enjoying funny cartoons.
Thoroughly entertaining, my vote for best thread ever! Made my night! Gold  *)*

The better question is whether we have the foresight to recognise this opportunity to cash in on the all time high of the gold price and ensure that it never drops back down again to its low.

Really? Ask any kid in the 5-12 aqe bracket and their immediate answer tech wise would be something that can be played on an XBox One/PS4/DS.

More likely demographic for a twenty plus year old piece of tech given the theme is a white male aged in his mid '40s who is trying to relive his youth.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:21:11 AM by KBRI1700 »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2016, 09:22:11 AM »
What about someone who appreciates the pre 80's Looney Tunes cartoons?

Not trying to capture any aspect of their youth, just enjoying funny cartoons.

Just saying that the current generation don't have any interest in old style hand drawn animation so the purchasing choice of that themed pinball is not for their benefit.

At minimum it is Pixar/Dreamworks style CGI.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »
I haven't logged in here for a long time. Sad to see old coT up to his same old usual pintard antics....
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »
I feel sorry for poor Nick
Nino is taking a break, so Nick has to read all this garbage

Maybe next time Nino takes a break, they should close theasitefor a week ;)

I have some time up my sleeve and I've read and re read this thread and I seriously had to read it three times to understand what I was reading. It has been a long time since I've read such utter misleading diatribe.

A note to the mods.
The title of the thread has now been changed ?  To
BBunny Reproduction ramp quality.

The discussion was never about the quality of these ramps.
The ramps are perfect.

The thread came into existence because a comment was made about who had molds for the ramps.
The conjecture is whether the party I purchased the ramps from has the original BBunny molds or not that came out of the Illinois Pinball containers that the person purchased.

I am still waiting to find IF the USA supplier has the original BBunny ramp molds (and photos to prove same) and if not, does the USA seller produce the ramps for BBunny or ever had using "any" molds, original or not.

The point being that one seller who claimed to have the molds could and did produce the ramps.
The other seller five years ago said he didn't have the mold and couldn't produce.

Maybe Mark has the original mold. Maybe he has other originals, maybe he hasn't.
Only the person who unpacked the Illinois Pinball containers would know.
The other point being, is does it matter if the ramps are made from the original mold or a new mold.
As long as the product is quality, that's what matters. AND obviously IF the seller can supply the ramp u want to start with.

Most people on here have heard that Nino runs RTBB and supplies ramps.
Obviously it is worthwhile to always support the forum and its sponsors etc before getting quotes from other local Aussie ramp suppliers. Support local business and explore all pinball suppliers to keep healthy competition kicking along.
There is no argument that the ramps RTBB supplies are top quality.
Obviously RTBB gets them from his USA supplier and that arrangement benefits pinheads in Australia.

I never asked to see any molds. Another stupid incorrect statement by another shit stirrer who enjoys making smart cheap shot comments. You only join in after the other few start but never have the heart to say anything until someone else braver & more idiotic has a swipe. I think your baking comment you made above was correct.

I asked if he was selling or had ever sold BBunny ramps ?
He didn't answer repeatedly cause I don't believe he ever had them.
If he had them, why hasn't he sold these ramps in the last 5 years & why did he tell me 5 years ago he didn't have the molds to make Bugs Bunny.

The photos prove nothing. How old are the photos. Who really has the molds.
These photos don't prove they are the originals or are the only BB molds on the planet.

Brett - You asked to see photos, they were provided to the forum. Case closed. I think you would be best served pointing the finger at the source of the misleading information rather than informed forum members. It is definitely not another "stupid incorrect statement" to refute your comments. It is facts that are proven after you requested proof.

James (Pinballace) knows more about the deal between IPB and Illinois Pinball than anyone here will ever know. Some of the incorrect lies posted on this thread are laughable.

APR hat on - We use the PinballInc / Starship Ramps on ANY restoration work. We have had to replace the inferior locally made ramps (as mentioned earlier, not produced using injection molding to original specs). In fact, we just finished an Addams Family and were supplied by one of the poorly made ramps. I think it is best to post pictures in comparison with the PinballInc Ramps as they completely different.

RTBB hat on - Ramps are our biggest selling item. We are the sole supplier of genuine Williams / Bally Ramps in Australia. Our ramps differ from any "competitor" as our ramps are manufactured using original tooling and are in most cases stronger than the originals.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »
I think most people on here knew this, but I do appreciate that I base this on no fact when I say most.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »

APR hat on - We use the PinballInc / Starship Ramps on ANY restoration work. We have had to replace the inferior locally made ramps (as mentioned earlier, not produced using injection molding to original specs). In fact, we just finished an Addams Family and were supplied by one of the poorly made ramps. I think it is best to post pictures in comparison with the PinballInc Ramps as they completely different.

Urgh. that has been another annoying point
most ramps are vacuum formed, that is a sheet of plastic is softened, placed over a mold, and is sucked down to form a shape
injection molded is liquid plastic pumped into a mold

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »

most ramps are vacuum formed, that is a sheet of plastic is softened, placed over a mold, and is sucked down to form a shape

you are correct there. I take the point as being that pinballinc stuff is done how williams did it and the other gear is done using inferior quality methods. Mind you, I have purchased genuine licensed gear and was very disappointed. In particular, my space invaders apron, wrong colours, poor artwork, wrong sizing requiring modification.

So I don't care how its made as long as its acceptable and good quality. To defend Mr CoT, if his ramp is top notch it doesn't matter if not done with the original gear,  but he was taking the line that it was unfortunately.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2016, 01:54:13 PM »

I guess at some stage James might like to post the exact process, as I'm not exactly an authority on the manufacturing process.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

you are correct there. I take the point as being that pinballinc stuff is done how williams did it and the other gear is done using inferior quality methods. Mind you, I have purchased genuine licensed gear and was very disappointed. In particular, my space invaders apron, wrong colours, poor artwork, wrong sizing requiring modification.

So I don't care how its made as long as its acceptable and good quality. To defend Mr CoT, if his ramp is top notch it doesn't matter if not done with the original gear,  but he was taking the line that it was unfortunately.

I agree. If the BBBB were made by someone else - that's fine. I have no issue with it other than the acceptance that the quality is not up t the original standards - but it is better than a smashed or missing ramp for sure. It is clear it was not reproduced using original molds. I don't blame anyone for claiming it "was" if the information they were given to start off with was blatantly misleading.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

I agree. If the BBBB were made by someone else - that's fine. I have no issue with it other than the acceptance that the quality is not up t the original standards - but it is better than a smashed or missing ramp for sure. It is clear it was not reproduced using original molds. I don't blame anyone for claiming it "was" if the information they were given to start off with was blatantly misleading.

yes, but get to know the dealers, which is easy if you live in Victoria, harder for Queenslanders
I have no problem with Mark making ramps that the licence owner wont, but him stating how the ramps can be stepped on and they bounce right back is not a good selling point
nor is relabeling capcom coils
nor is making fake MM's

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:21 PM »

yes, but get to know the dealers, which is easy if you live in Victoria, harder for Queenslanders
I have no problem with Mark making ramps that the licence owner wont, but him stating how the ramps can be stepped on and they bounce right back is not a good selling point
nor is relabeling capcom coils
nor is making fake MM's

Good point - but all that is needed is a question on the forum. Most buyers that buy the inferior ramps are those that have not done their homework. It is like any product. My son is into Lego and we used to buy kits off eBay and they were fake. There's no way of telling until you look at the product "side by side". We recently replaced a poor copy of an Addams Family Chair Cliffy. It so so badly made that if you ran your finger across the edge it would cut your finger. Once you place them side by side - you notice the copy is rubbish. It is all about education and trial and error.

Whenever we have Starship fantasy / Pinball Inc Ramps made, they are individually wrapped in large strong plastic bags. No one scratch on them. I will have to post pictures of the crap Addams Ramp we have, it has scratches where the new ramps was stacked on top of each other.  %.%