Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18081 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
What stage is the game at as I have not been following it? Design drawing, white wood, proto???

Article says playfield is 90% designed. Can't see how you can get to whitewood or proto stage yet if the playfield is still being modified/developed.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Must have had some major delays if that's the case seeing 2015 has been and gone.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
It's only speculation at this point that it is John anyway.

He did sign up to an Australian pinball forum four days after the original TAG announcement.  #@#
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3572

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I think the 90% complete is not correct when he hasn't even decided if it is a dmd, rgb or lcd display, imagine the programming & dots still required for the final decision - that will be 50% of the game design left to do.

Yes money would tighten things up but you would think that if that is your main focus you buy all the parts for at least one machine ($1-2k) and get your proto-type up and running quickly and then you can worry about designing all the molds etc to re-invent the world with your own parts to go into production.

I think there has been some poor project management focus as at least he should of had the game designer design a operating whitewood in a 3-6 months and then work on art and programming while other people are making arcades and bringing in the dollars. I am not an expert but 2-3 years and still nothing to show and haven't even decided the display yet is a big concern.

At the moment this is just like a kickstarter / indiegogo campaign where the money has been taken and no proof of a design yet nor nor any deadlines.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Scarey
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I imagine that if jpop  is designing the game, the already faitly well alienated US possible customers will be out with their pitchforks.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
I imagine that if jpop  is designing the game, the already faitly well alienated US possible customers will be out with their pitchforks.

If his involvement finished before he'd dudded people out of all their money then thats not Mikes fault. If he's still on the payroll now then that's a whole different story. Either way it won't make any difference to the potential US customers, if John is/has been involved then you're on the money with the pitchforks Nick.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Game is miles away from completion... drawings for the pop bumpers were being finalised in late January of this year.
Mike might have a unique way of doing things but you would imagine that essentials like pop bumpers would have been designed and finished pretty much at the start

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Game is miles away from completion... drawings for the pop bumpers were being finalised in late January of this year.
Mike might have a unique way of doing things but you would imagine that essentials like pop bumpers would have been designed and finished pretty much at the start

"Designed "? Aren't they just DE copies?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Designed "? Aren't they just DE copies?

mmm yes apart from a added logo and maybe 1-2 improvements each one of these could be CAD copied in a day, pinball life sells these which look dam similar

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
I think the 90% complete is not correct when he hasn't even decided if it is a dmd, rgb or lcd display, imagine the programming & dots still required for the final decision - that will be 50% of the game design left to do.

Yes money would tighten things up but you would think that if that is your main focus you buy all the parts for at least one machine ($1-2k) and get your proto-type up and running quickly and then you can worry about designing all the molds etc to re-invent the world with your own parts to go into production.

I think there has been some poor project management focus as at least he should of had the game designer design a operating whitewood in a 3-6 months and then work on art and programming while other people are making arcades and bringing in the dollars. I am not an expert but 2-3 years and still nothing to show and haven't even decided the display yet is a big concern.

At the moment this is just like a kickstarter / indiegogo campaign where the money has been taken and no proof of a design yet nor nor any deadlines.

Sounds logical and cuts through the media spin with practical timeframes.  ^^^

Offline Pavlov Pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
    • Pavlov Pinball

PS: Pavlov - Cirqus Voltaire with a q, not a "c".   ^^^

Cheers for that. Fixed now.
Editor, pavlovpinball.com

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
I am curious for those still in on the game how they feel if Jpop is the designer given that in the USA he took over $1 million US dollars of peoples money to design and build Magic Girl, the Zombie theme, Alice in Wonderland as well as a full art foam layout Kiss pinball for his dying mate and then declared bankrupt with everyone losing their money and a major law suit in the process.

Would you really want that tag associated with your game?

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
People still buy Woz, despite the Bumper debacle
IMHO Jersey Jack held some responsibility over that (he knew there was a problem months before it became public)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
People still buy Woz, despite the Bumper debacle
IMHO Jersey Jack held some responsibility over that (he knew there was a problem months before it became public)

Logically you are right - otherwise is everyone going to sell their World Cup Soccer, Theatre of Magic, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Star Wars Ep, I Pirates of the Caribbean & Cirqus Voltaire ?

But I think it will create a bit of a storm because of the recency of the $ fiasco and the apparent cross over in timing.