Author Topic: Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball?  (Read 18074 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Cool, I will continue on as usual then. I'm not a expert in anything and never claimed to be one. Carry on!
Stoked for this possible reveal in Sept.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
You would think so wouldn't you - the ones I have ZERO time for are the speculators that don't have a cane toad in the race.........they have no reason at all to comment one way or another and would be better served delivering meals on wheels.

Apart from the arselicking defenders you constantly surround yourself with who have no pecuniary interest either, right? (aka the wiredoug syndrome) You just can't get enough of their servile grovelling.

Typical glassjaw behaviour from someone who has been accustomed to surrounding themselves with sycophants for validation.

When are you going to realise Homepin, you are your own worst enemy in terms of media/marketing management. The people who actually have the funds to purchase a machine off you will simply refuse based on your attitude and general principle.

Yes, we know as you have said before you don't care if you lose money on this venture, that's why you have sunk (allegedly) $2 million into it on a whim.

PS: It isn't a pinball factory until the first commercial unit is delivered to a paid up customer. You can write as many secret squirrel future titles as you like on your whiteboard but until that occurs, it is hubris to claim otherwise.

PPS: Whilst you are in the chatty mood after your three month absence on AP, how about we talk about the Mission Impossible movies, 3D printers and crowdfunding? Or maybe you want to cover that in your next puff piece PODcast with Rod and the boys?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

how about we talk about the Mission Impossible movies, 3D printers and crowdfunding?

I can answer that very easily but it won't make much difference to your attitude or opinion towards the TRUTH I'm sure.

3D printers and a company known as "Rapide 3D" run and owned 100% by Ethan Hunt (yes, that is his birth name, I have seen his Australian passport and have traveled through customs checkpoints several times so you can give up on that pathetic attack on him) was a company that I initially joined forces with to share premises in China.

We rented an office in the centre of the electronics area of Shenzhen and jointly shared several staff. This was basically when I was trading and exporting.

Ethan ran a few successful crowdfunding campaigns for his range of 3D printers but sadly only ever delivered about 200 units to the best of my knowledge. His factory was originally in the same complex (but in a different building altogether) as the Homepin factory but he has since moved out and I haven't seen him or spoken to him for quite some time.

I do have more knowledge of why his venture failed but that isn't of much interest to people here I think.

I have never had any monetary interest or connection to Ethans business dealings or adventures other than sharing rented premises and staff.

That won't satisfy you I'm sure but then, I doubt anything would.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Ethan ran a few successful crowdfunding campaigns for his range of 3D printers but sadly only ever delivered about 200 units to the best of my knowledge.

I guess we have a very different definition of "successful" which clearly depends on whether you are the recipient or the donor of said funds.

I have never had any monetary interest or connection to Ethans business dealings or adventures other than sharing rented premises and staff.

OK.

http://www.ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/ethan-hunt-michael-kalinowski/designs/201114213/

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
saw this on Pinside and curious from those experienced in playfield restorations etc - what is the industry used standard for a clearcoat on a playfield - 2 Pack or water based. Would a water based clear be tough enough and last the same time frame, what are playfields from Stern & JJP ? Also happy to be corrected if this is just for everything except playfield sealing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:24:32 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Ive tried water based enamels and the end result was very disappointing. So much so, I rubbed it back and went with conventional enamel
Ive used water based polyurethane and again, it was disappointing.

I don't touch water based anything due to poor performance and finish.

If this is true that oil based and solvent based paints are no longer allowed to be used in China, it doesn't look good for the car industry!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
thanks for the input and thought that was the case  ^^^

years ago when I was building the cnc machines we sealed everything in 2 pack as much more robust but on the side he restored a Lambo Countach and went a different route and painted in water based white but with the one thing in mind to blend in repairs if needed down the track but he said the finish would not last as along a standard car.

That will be interesting with the Chinese car industry though - good point?

Wonder what the time frame of playfields last ability will be if water based clear sealed
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
thanks for the input and thought that was the case  ^^^

years ago when I was building the cnc machines we sealed everything in 2 pack as much more robust but on the side he restored a Lambo Countach and went a different route and painted in water based white but with the one thing in mind to blend in repairs if needed down the track but he said the finish would not last as along a standard car.

That will be interesting with the Chinese car industry though - good point?

Wonder what the time frame of playfields last ability will be if water based clear sealed

Planned obsolescence? When you couple that with existing Chinese manufacturing standards it doesn't bode well for the long term.

Thanks for the info, retropin and bringing it to our attention,swinks.   ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I saw some water based epoxy clear in Bunnings today.. wouldn't mind trying it out and seeing how it sprays etc.
Id like to be proven wrong but so far my experience with new water based over oil and solvent based products hasn't been good. If there are any commercial painters on the forum, it would be nice to know if they use the water based enamels for wood trim etc... my guess is no as I just couldn't get a nice finish with them.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
For the introduction of the AU series Ford Falcon in 99' - Ford switched to water based clearcoat. A lot of those cars CC now are bubbling away- not the case on the EL or anything prior - or when they switched back in 04' with the BA.

Reasons for the switch was the Ol' environmental benefits.