Author Topic: "Ghostbusters" mods  (Read 32025 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: "Ghostbusters" mods
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
I edited a picture that hopefully helps those that need it. I do admit that during the time waiting for refined wedges I installed 1/16" thick white double sided tape (near my thumb) behind the target to firm up the target and reduce the bend back and possible launch of the ball. Then when the wedges came I installed and didn't think to share that minor detail - sorry.

basically 2 install locations

Location 1 - brings the backing plate closer to the switch making it a little more sensitive. Adding the small piece of double sided tape will firm the switch up and reduce the effect of the ball getting airborne. I am playing with this set up and still get the odd minor air ball but not shooting over plastics and lanes etc and the switch is not as sensitive as original so not a given shot.

Location 2 - keeps the switch standard sensitivity but will still allow the target to tilt forward and when hit to bend back to a 90 degree position and possibly allow the ball to get airborne. Adding the tape will firm up and keep the ball / target at less than 90 degrees when hit and should be a improvement on airborne balls.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts