Author Topic: Hankin FJ Holden pinball for sale in Coolangatta QLD  (Read 604 times)

Offline Mango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
probably the same one that is advertised on Gumtree all around australia for the same price.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
I'm not that familiar with Hankins, did they use imported GTB hardware or was it all made in Aus?

Amazing as it sounds they made ALL their parts except for bumper caps, posts and rubbers.

pinballist

Wow the mind boggles what it would have cost them to set-up shop, where do you start, R&D, Manufacturing Moulds, Jigs, Tools, Raw Materials, not to mention managing the whole thing and staying competitive against established Pinball manufacturers.

I reckon today with the huge Asian manufacturing market it would be a hell of a lot easier to mass produce a Pinball machine - probably cheaper to have the whole thing built in China and shipped to AUS than doing it here - mind you they probably wouldn't last as long ;)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
You have to remember the time frame Hankin built their 5 pinball machines also. A time when pinball was king and they were everywhere.

How they tried to compete with Bally, Williams, Gottlieb and Stern is amazing.

Wonder what their new price was compared to the big 4 from the USA?

Nino, are you able to ask your Dad? Would he remember?

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Does anyone know if Hankin produced any arcade games as well??

I have a Hankin assembled 1976 Sprint 2 game that similar to the Atari/kees game version from the USA. The only difference is the backglass is actually glass and not perspex, and it has the Hankin logo on the glass. A cool piece of australian arcade history maybe?? !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
They made cocktails (great looking tables) and generic stand up (Not so great looking) cabs too.