Author Topic: Sega Star Wars trilogy advice  (Read 332 times)

Offline Goingpinsane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wa
Sega Star Wars trilogy advice
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »
Hey guys. Just hoping for some opinions about Star Wars trilogy. Never played one before.  I have the opportunity to purchase one. It's not working properly and pretty dirty. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it. The price seems ok.
The dirt doesn't bother me but figure there's no point polishing a turd if it still smells like a turd.
Cheers guys.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Re: Sega Star Wars trilogy advice
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »
It's not considered the best Star Wars game ( DE one is considered the best ) . In saying that , it's still a good fun game . If you're a Star Wars fan then you'll love it . Not too many of them around either . Most suffer from bad wear on the cabinet around the flipper buttons . The showcase translite that is in that game came in 2 versions - regular 2D and a holographic type 3D ( similar to Tron and Avatar backglasses .

In really , really good condition one would go for around $3500 - $4000 . If this one is not working and dirty then I would guess at around $2000 - $2500 ( depends what's wrong with it why it isn't working ) .

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:53 PM »
It is a fun game. Not as deep as the DE SW. It has a very open playfield - not as busy as Starship Troopers or Lost In Space.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 05:31:24 PM »

I like it, especially shooting from the X-wing for the drop targets (plus I lean towards more open playfield). Never played it to see how deep it is, only ever got on one at the local cinema but enjoyed it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”