Author Topic: Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here!  (Read 17019 times)

Offline PinballMagazine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Re: Pinball Magazine No. 4 is here!
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:52:17 PM »
Hi All,

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but i'll quickly clarify over here as well: Instead of doing a package deal of various products including Pinball Magazine No. 4, I did calculate the current postal fees for package deals, but haven't put them up in the website. Instead when you order several magazine/book products you will be refunded the overpaid postal costs. So you will save on shipping, but initially just have to order a package deal + PM04, or PM03+PM04, or PM01+PM04, or the PINBALL book + PM04. The 2 main reasons to do it this way:
1. Currently the Pinball Magazine webshop uses a productbased shipping module. That means for every combination of products I need to create a separate product (which is like 8 different combinations), and then create for each product combination 6 different postal rates in the shipping module. That's quite a bit of work.
2. As if that isn't enough, Deutsche Post just sent me new postal rates for 2017 which you're not going to like. So I'm shopping around for a better postal rate. Even if I stay with Deutsche Post I will have to adjust every postal rate for every product combination in the webshop for every postal region. Then I rather wait with adding these package deals to the webshop until January when the new postal rates apply and I only have to adjust the PM04 package deals once instead of twice.

So as mentioned above: I am refunding over paid postal costs if you order any combination of book/magazine products (no posters). As the postal rates are going up by $ 2 USD for the Australia NZ region, I can only recommend to order your copy of PM04 (and other products) now while the 2016 postal rate is still applicable.

I can also recommend to do a group buy. Say you have 5-10 people interested in 1 or more issues, I can ship these in 1 box to 1 address where each will pick their issues up (it wouldn't make sense to send them by post as that would be more expensive). I will gladly give custom quotes for such shipping, which should be a bit less expensive than shipping separate copies. Please contact me at: editor @ pinball-magazine . com (no spaces).

Also curious whether the magazines that shipped in the first batch have arrived and what you guys think of the magazine :)
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com