Author Topic: STTNG Pinball Price Check  (Read 3591 times)

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
STTNG Pinball Price Check
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »
Hi Guys

I have been thinking of going on the search for one of these. I had one years ago but sold it when the kids came along. Loved the game and regretted selling it ever since. I see some high priced ones on Ebay. What do you guys think would be an estimate for one in a reasonable working condition as I have no idea myself? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Dan

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: STTNG Pinball Price Check
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:04 PM »
Hi Guys

I have been thinking of going on the search for one of these. I had one years ago but sold it when the kids came along. Loved the game and regretted selling it ever since. I see some high priced ones on Ebay. What do you guys think would be an estimate for one in a reasonable working condition as I have no idea myself? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Dan

Here's one:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-park/video-games/star-trek-the-next-generation-pinball/1110508966

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:48:27 AM »
Thanks Boots. Hadn't seen that one yet.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:55:02 AM by DSB »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:33:12 AM »
Around 4-4.5k for a good condition stock standard. Anything more would need to be over and above factory specs (aftermarket mods or restored) to warrant a higher asking price.

Watch out for ghosting on the blue kidney shaped inserts in the centre of the playfield.

Shockingly bad pictures on that gumtree listing. Out of 10 pics, 7 are out of focus and 2 sets of identicals.  @@*

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »
Thanks. I noticed the fuzzy pics as well.  *!@ 4 to 4.5 sounds reasonable to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:59:01 AM »
4000 to 4500 will get an original machine that has probably never had the playfield pulled apart for a good shopping and all the under ramps also pulled off for a thorough clean.

You have to shop both top and bottom of playfield at once or the crud & filth just gets spread around again instantly.

If u can find one for 4500 u will be very lucky as prices have climbed.
If you find one that is in an overall nice condition, try n buy from a home owner and pay more before you would buy one that's been sited most of its life.
I think a realistic price of 6500 for a full shopped and very nice home example will be the way to go.
A fastidious collector might let one go for the right price and that would be a long term keeper.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »
Thanks Caveoftreasures. I may have found one. I didn't think I would so quick. Fingers crossed.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 07:54:08 AM »
That WAS quick.   ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Prices have increased over the last 2 years. A decent "shopped" example will be around $4,000 - $4,500. Dealer pricing is over the top and these are rarely reconditioned correctly. Privately, $4,500 tops with a good playfield, neutral zone minimal wear, kidney inserts ok and ramps good. Genuine ramps are available for this title, as are the plastics set, so potentially, a restored game could fetch $5,500 - $6,000. We have a NIB restoration in the pipeline that will look and play awesome when done. Definitely an underrated game.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 06:38:36 AM »
^Agreed. In the 4k range will pick up a good condition example that has been shopped out to a clean standard.

No point in paying some premium price unless the machine has been shopped out and restored with new parts added.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
Prices have increased over the last 2 years. A decent "shopped" example will be around $4,000 - $4,500. Dealer pricing is over the top and these are rarely reconditioned correctly. Privately, $4,500 tops with a good playfield, neutral zone minimal wear, kidney inserts ok and ramps good. Genuine ramps are available for this title, as are the plastics set, so potentially, a restored game could fetch $5,500 - $6,000. We have a NIB restoration in the pipeline that will look and play awesome when done. Definitely an underrated game.

Nino, what will u be charging for that Star Trek Next Gen you are doing to a high standard. $6500 or more or less.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 11:55:30 PM »
We have a NIB restoration in the pipeline that will look and play awesome when done. Definitely an underrated game.

Will be better than NIB factory standard, no doubt.

Plus with easy access to aftermarket ramps made from the original factory molds it will put it over the top.  #*#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »

Nino, what will u be charging for that Star Trek Next Gen you are doing to a high standard. $6500 or more or less.

The collector wanted the best ST TNG possible. It is currently over $8500 ("currently" as we are looking at Color DMD and a couple of mods to ADD to that price).

Cabinet has been repainted and redecaled. Playfield touched up and clearcoated. New ramps throughout (not the milky poor repros), plastics set, LEDs - the list goes on.

Like the Addams I completed last year, watch the dealers increase their prices once this machine is moved on !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »
Well I got it! Paid a little more than I was hoping but I didn't have to ship it so I am overall pretty happy. Neutral zone is not to bad but the kidney inserts are a little rough as Pinsanity mentioned they might be. The back box circuit boards and under the playfield are fairly well original and unmolested which I am happy about.   #*#   Just a couple of capacitors look a bit dodgy. Have not checked the fuse ratings yet. Down the track I would like to replace the playfield and do up the cabinet but for now with a few minor fixes and new rubber I'll just play the guts out of it I think.

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »
Well done. It is a great game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk