Author Topic: Project machine - price check  (Read 322 times)

Offline scozza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kensington Grove, QLD
    • eviltechie.com
Project machine - price check
« on: May 08, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »
Howdy folks,

I have a couple of EMs which I really enjoy tinkering with but need to re-hone my skills on a later machine (the last I had was a Galaxy about 20 years ago).  Having trawled ebay to find only machines costing the equivalent of a second mortgage I was wondering what I should realistically expect to pay to for a say 80's or 90's pin in typical post commercial use condition?

Cheers,

Scott.
*** Playball (2) - Hotline - Goldball - Fish Tales - Lethal Weapon 3 -  Striker Xtreme - Star Trek TNG - Star Trek Pro *** Previous machines - Gorgar - Surf Champ - Centigrade 37 - Liberty Bell - Magic - Galaxy -  ***

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Project machine - price check
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:16:33 PM »
Howdy folks,

I have a couple of EMs which I really enjoy tinkering with but need to re-hone my skills on a later machine (the last I had was a Galaxy about 20 years ago).  Having trawled ebay to find only machines costing the equivalent of a second mortgage I was wondering what I should realistically expect to pay to for a say 80's or 90's pin in typical post commercial use condition?

Cheers,

Scott.

You should be able to get a half decent machine for $3500 but not on ebay

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Project machine - price check
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
Its getting difficult these days Scott, I'd say mostly to the containers coming in starting to dry up.

Most of the importers are not really selling 'project' games straight out of the container doors.  Ignore the eBay pricing.

Keep checking Gumtree for the odd bargain (before dealers / dealers lackies snap them up from under you) and maybe try Oscar (Pinball Memories).  I'm not aware of anyone else in Vic who is publicly selling projects.

Depending on the title, I'd expect to pay anywhere between $2000 upwards.

I know of a Time Warp, Counterforce and SWEP1 a member was selling in Vic.  These are well past 'project' stage and are A1 machines, but not eBay dealer pricing.