Author Topic: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...  (Read 11155 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: The "Customers are always right" vent thread...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:28 PM »

Just other day a client wanted a clear, blow by blow explanation of the work I was going to carry out for a subdivision of land, copies of the proposed documents I was going to prepare etc, so that he could assess the work compared to the quote I was providing to see if it was worthwhile. It was pretty obvious he figured with a little guidance and some documents he could do it himself. So I added 20% to the quote I was going to give and told him that he was free to get some others.

Still got the work!!

People try this with me, and try to get mt to give them my recipes
unfortunately for them, some of my ingredients can only be bought from specialty bakery outlets, and are sold in 10KG boxes
you, the cook at home, only need 10g

So much information is out there for free that some people seem to see no value in professional knowledge. Maybe overuse of Dr Google might Darwin Award them ......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”