Author Topic: Jurassic Park - the ultimate Mod  (Read 4448 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Jurassic Park - the ultimate Mod
« on: November 07, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »
Some of you may remember ChadH in the US re-writing the Data East Star Wars rules. I was pretty excited when he started on JP, and it's done now - http://www.pinballcode.com/

Just installed and I was expecting an improvement - but WOW! This update turns a really fun game into a great game!

I have just finished about half a dozen games, and it would take me quite a while to describe what I have seen, but really, if you have a JP this is a must have. Some of the things I noticed - proper standard ball save, extra ball award availability held over to next ball, the Raptor kick back ball save no longer lost if the ball goes up the outlanes (common), additional call outs at some mode starts that were previously silent, the skill shot (shoot the dino) now random so you really need some skill, Mr DNA selection sped up so you need to be quick to select what you want, an additional multiball (Egg multiball) that is a MR DNA selection but never came up in the old rules now comes up (I got this on my first game), and my absolute favorite - the game no longer starts every time with the first mode "Stampede" - the first mode is random, yeah!!

Amazing improvement! Thanks Beaky for the chips.    #*#

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Jurassic Park - the ultimate Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 12:32:28 PM »
It is great that these new ROMs are coming out

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback on this code update.

Sounds like I will have to burn some new roms. ^^^

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
Sounds great Nick, I must track down a JP and have a few games with the new code.

ChadH also recently updated code for TFTC. Beaky supplied the chips for me as well, great service and great price. I have only had a few games with the new code, but it looks great so far.

ChadH has a Tommy now in his basement and it looks like he might be working on this next.