Author Topic: Ghostbuster Unboxing PG style  (Read 3975 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Ghostbuster Unboxing PG style
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 04:32:39 PM »
Great news Adam. Ball times generally will increase once you get used to the game. I never use the 'dead bounce' method but for this game it is a must. It is the main way of trying to gain control of the ball during game play. Dead bounce from the left orbit post, both scoops and I'm still testing other areas. Remember you can adjust the outlane posts position, although hasn't really helped and increase the number of balls per game. I've increased to 5 balls atm so I can learn what shots are necessary for the various modes. Stay Puft mode is hard to get to for me and I haven't completed it yet.  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »
Great news Adam. Ball times generally will increase once you get used to the game. I never use the 'dead bounce' method but for this game it is a must. It is the main way of trying to gain control of the ball during game play. Dead bounce from the left orbit post, both scoops and I'm still testing other areas. Remember you can adjust the outlane posts position, although hasn't really helped and increase the number of balls per game. I've increased to 5 balls atm so I can learn what shots are necessary for the various modes. Stay Puft mode is hard to get to for me and I haven't completed it yet.  ^^^

Thanks for the boost of confidence and tips!

I saw that Pinball Life have the Ghostbusters kit and it includes...shudder....a centre lane post. I saw a picture of it and it's actually a cool design, but not for me. I'm a purist with the settings and never move the outlane posts from factory. I've had my Stern machines on 5 balls for a while, but went back to the original challenge of 3 balls. Not sure if I'll try out 5 balls on Ghostbusters...

Also (sorry if I missed the post), have you ordered or installed the lane protectors? I liked the fluoro coloured ones, but didn't know which ones to order.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »
Great news Adam. Ball times generally will increase once you get used to the game. I never use the 'dead bounce' method but for this game it is a must. It is the main way of trying to gain control of the ball during game play. Dead bounce from the left orbit post, both scoops and I'm still testing other areas. Remember you can adjust the outlane posts position, although hasn't really helped and increase the number of balls per game. I've increased to 5 balls atm so I can learn what shots are necessary for the various modes. Stay Puft mode is hard to get to for me and I haven't completed it yet.  ^^^

Thanks for the boost of confidence and tips!

I saw that Pinball Life have the Ghostbusters kit and it includes...shudder....a centre lane post. I saw a picture of it and it's actually a cool design, but not for me. I'm a purist with the settings and never move the outlane posts from factory. I've had my Stern machines on 5 balls for a while, but went back to the original challenge of 3 balls. Not sure if I'll try out 5 balls on Ghostbusters...

Also (sorry if I missed the post), have you ordered or installed the lane protectors? I liked the fluoro coloured ones, but didn't know which ones to order.
nah mate all bits std stern. I did move posts in but what a job for the right hand one. Nearly took half the machine apart just to move it. Didn't really make outlane drains any less though.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2016, 11:12:04 PM »
LoL....setting games to 5 ball.....lol...Play Better!!

()
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 12:07:44 AM »
LoL....setting games to 5 ball.....lol...Play Better!!

()

Now into my seventh year of trying to play better. It's a slow process. Lol