Author Topic: My first EM  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Goingpinsane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wa
My first EM
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »
Picked up this machine on the weekend. It's my first em. It lights up when turned on but that's it.  I will probably be asking a for a bit of assistance in the coming weeks to try get it up and running. Playfield and back glass are extremely good. Nothing seems to be missing. Cabinet is poor but that doesn't worry me too much. If I can get it up and running I'll build a new cabinet for it. The art looks like it would be easy to replicate.
If it's a basket case then it will be a $150 course in em machines for me. So not too bad.
Does anyone here have one? Anyone played one? It looks like it would be a pretty cool game.
Well off to the shed to start cleaning ten years of dust and cobwebs off it!

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
Re: My first EM
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:17:16 PM »
Forgot to add that all the plastics are there and fully intact.

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »
This is a Spanish made machine by a company called Recel which looks like it is based on Gottlieb architecture!

It does look like a cool machine to play and that centre pop bumper looks interesting.

I have been learning a lot about Gottlieb EM's lately so hopefully I can offer some help.

Do you have the schematics for this by chance?

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 08:33:27 PM »
Yes I found some schematics last night. From the research I've done it looks like the company owner used to import gotlieb machines and modify them before building his own machines. I think it's really cool as its one month younger than me. Think my exterior is just as rough as the pin too. We have both been through the wringer!  !!!

Offline Spanky

• Forum Posts:
  • Scotland
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »
I doubt whether you'll see another any time soon.  Nice find. 

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 11:57:44 PM »
Cool looking machine
You will have fun getting it going

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »
Nice project good thing you got the paper work with it

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 09:19:07 AM »
Fantastic to see collectors getting into EMs. Buying your first EM is like going out with your first girlfriend  :D .. You won't forget the experience !

Euro Flip, Recel, Segasu and Playmatic are all Euro games based on Williams or Gottlieb parts. This is a Euro Flip and the playfields on these are always perfect. They just were not played as much as the main manufacturers. Repair and maintenance is the same as any EM. Schematics are a must.

I own a Playmatic Fandango, which is a copy of GTB Sheriff. I bought this game for peanuts, and the reason I bought it was because I played the game as an 11 year old at a resort on South Molle Island.

Ask as many questions as you need. Let the adventure begin !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:50 PM »
Fantastic to see collectors getting into EMs. Buying your first EM is like going out with your first girlfriend  :D .. You won't forget the experience !

Are you saying I'll be spending all my money on it, begging for a game all night and then once I get A game I'll move on to the next machine! %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 08:26:05 AM »

Are you saying I'll be spending all my money on it, begging for a game all night and then once I get A game I'll move on to the next machine! %.%

And that first game will last just a few moments.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”