Author Topic: Atari Superman High End Restoration  (Read 19504 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Atari Superman High End Restoration
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »
what's happening with this Nino? Haven't seen an update for ages!! would like to see the end products. Superman is my holy grail pin!

A lot of my restos have not been updated and are not current. Hope you have some popcorn !

The game is completely stripped as per the above pictures. I photographed every wire and every section for re assembly - Then I lost my hard drive with all the photos. I ended up paying a lot of money to have it recovered and the "tech" does not return calls etc - so many of my restos around that period are gone. Knowing that this is a huge issue, my only hope is to use the photos on this thread. I usually take around 100 photos, and I have, well, the photos in this thread. Time goes on, I keep getting told that I'll get everything back, pay more money, data is almost there, but I need to pay more money and in the end I gave up.

Then Tony from Pinball Shed was selling two project Superman games. One without playfield, backglass, door, boards - and a second which was complete. My old chum Gavin has been looking for a Superman for a long time, and I need a reference Superman to resume the restoration. So I cut a deal with Tony, and I have a reference game. Gav has the complete game, and I have the game without a playfield, backglass etc etc - But it means I have a reference playfield in Gav's game for me resto !

About a week later, Gav calls me up - "Have you had a look on eBay ?" - A pinball collector had a parted out Superman - backglass, playfield, front door, some boards - ALL the parts missing from the project game. So I ended up buying everything I need, and with help from Joe Tripoli at "Kids Just Wanna Have Fun" - I had it all sent over in a purpose built box. I forgot his name, but if you are reading this - THANKS..

I now have a Project Superman - to use as a reference, to rebuild the game in this thread. When I'm done - I'm going to restore the project and add it to my collection !

Gav sent me the cab stencils for the customer machine - so I will repaint it !

The playfield is with Timbo, currently going a full artwork resto and clear.

So in the end - I can now continue this restoration. Just waiting on the playfield resto and the time to repaint the cabinet !

Phew !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia