Author Topic: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay  (Read 7407 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Creature From the Black Lagoon of decay
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »
Well, this journey has almost come to an end. Spent last weekend putting all the bits together, i think the pictures tell the story (sorry about all the pics, but Creech is such a stunning looking machine, especially with new shiny bits!).

A few mods, hooked GI to the pop bumpers (although 2 need troubleshooting), installed all Green Titan rubbers,, mainly green start posts and lane guides, as well as green light up start posts for the slings. Purple LEDs in the swirl ramp, and green LEDs in the bowl.  Also, as previously mentioned, put a reed switch in the bowl to take away the look and resistance of the lever switch - not sure whether it is this, or the new bowl, or a combination of both, but it is quite easy to get 6 or 7 swirls of the bowl in one go!

Also, playing on the cleared playfield is amazing, you can't even hear the ball roll, and it plays silky smooth.  I also think polishing all the metal bits has made a nice difference as well.  Only one error, and that was i accidentally had the inlane and outlane switches reversed when reinstalling the wiring harness.

Really happy with how it has turned out, just need to paint the rest of the pink legs for something different, and sort out an option for a replacement hologram - would prefer the LCD mod.

Love the reflection of the habitrail from the cleared playfield in this shot!

And a little bit different looking from the starting point a few months ago!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 06:39:31 AM »
looks awesome, you have done well

Sorry I did see one thing on the very last picture the kiss plastic is all warped probably because the small clear post that sits on the plastic that stops the ball getting stuck on the plastic is too long - needs to be trimmed or a shorter one so it doesn't touch the left hand side ramp.

Also what did you think of the game play.

https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 07:05:32 AM »
Yeah, that plastic is actually broken just where the scoop is above the post, so the nylock not is the only thing holding it - hence a bit warped - i didn't have time to source a new plastic prior to getting it ready before this weekend when our house will start to fill with Christmas visitors, and a comp the following week!

In terms of gameplay, its definitely still in the honeymoon period, however i am really liking the fact the ruleset is quite different, and the fact the jackpot is not super easy to achieve. It flows very nicely and i like the fact that there needs to be some risk taken (stand up targets) with shots to actually get to multiball.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 07:11:04 AM »
that post is still trimmed down (remove the point and the skinny section that a rubber would fit into) though to avoid the unwanted pressure.

that is a very common plastic to be broken, I have the artwork if you want to make one.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:16:12 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 10:32:10 AM »
Very nice work Rob ! Those "before" and "after" photos really demonstrates the transformation.  @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »
That looks beautiful, I've always wanted a Creech.

I really like the green rubber on the posts too.