Author Topic: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"  (Read 35780 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2016, 08:13:56 AM »
Had a bit more look at some photos, and having a think about unlicensed themes in general. I think for most people, pinball is a bit of an escape or reliving earlier times, so can appreciate the fact that a focus on a phone is not ideal - personally, i reckon if they changed the title to Quantum City (as others have suggested, since that is the city the whole theme is based around), it would be a lot better. However, thinking about other themes - they are almost all very polarising, and the theme in general does not appeal to everyone. EG:

Fishtales - polarising, many people hate fishing
Whitewater - whitewater rafting, cool idea, but most people aren't into it
Theatre of Magic/Pinball Magic - most people prob think magic is lame
CV - circus...lame to many people
Roller Coaster - cool idea, maybe childish to some or many
Generic car themes - appealing to many, although there have been a few games based on these
Roadshow - theme based on roadworks - pathetic idea

However - most of the games listed above are accepted by many players and collectors as good to very good games.

Interestingly (looking at threads on pinside quickly) most people who have actually played it say it seems to play very well (even at coding only 20% complete), is less stop start than other games such as TZ and is just plain fun.  I reckon that's what many of us have wanted - a pin with newer technology, but with a focus on a 'fun' theme like many WPC games.

Personally, i am looking forward to giving it a god bash down the track, and really will reserve judgement on game play until then, but i reckon its got some good potential....even more if they changed the name!