Author Topic: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"  (Read 35743 times)

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: JJP's 3rd machine is "Dialed In"
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2016, 03:19:15 AM »
Played the game about 10 times today. The most remarkable aspect to me was the smoothness of the ball action. Compared to say Hobbit, the ball stayed very planted and the ramp shots are very smooth. Jam packed full of shots and toys. Nice references to games of previous PL years throughout. Plays like a restored mid 90's BW with a bit more finesse. The game code is very basic and I am sure it will be full of stuff to do once complete.

The original theme is very questionable for all the possibilities. The mobile phone plays a bigger part in my opinion to those reviews previous. The PF phone is regularly ringing, the text and phone graphics resemble that of an iPhone, there are mobile phone references on both sides of the cab including headbox and interaction with characters is completed using the phone. Sticker on glass to enable phone control. Phone phone phone. Can't get away from it. It's a major part of the game and its using that device to appeal to a different generation of player. If anybody knows anything about Pat, that is he will always have it in this roots that the Pinball Machine is a device designed for the operator to make money. Even though the home market is big, the greater public appeal is what interests him more and he has created a game that tries to cater for this. The camera taking photos of my head while playing is gimmicky and gets old quick. The title almost blurs the lines between reality and fantasy and for that the machine suffers IMO.

Underneath the PF is well built and given the machine I played was the number 1 prototype, I was surprised to see all the components assembled with minimal errors. Fit and finish of cab was a bit off 100% for JP standard but that will improve for production machines. Cab legs are unique to this game at 30 inches. Provided the front and rear casters are fully wound in, the machine is sitting at its optimal slope of 6 degrees.

Personally the theme does absolutely nothing for me. If one was not so fussed then there is a top unique machine out there for them. 38 sold so far including 6 or so being the collectors edition. Good amount of Dialed In pins going to Aussie homes.