Author Topic: HRP Centaur Restoration...  (Read 3860 times)

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
Re: HRP Centaur Restoration...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 11:38:28 AM »
Great looking restoration guys. A credit to all involved.  I'm interested to know the background of the WH20 in the background.  The bubbled foil on the topper looks like the one I came into possession of a few months ago.  I know you guys did the clear coat on my playfield. Cheers.

Easiest way to tell if the game was restored by us is by looking at the silk screened warning text on the back of the cabinet. If it was restored by us, it will have either a Hot Rodded Pins logo or the very early Pinball Tales logo. From memory only three or so games had the PT logo before I changed it to thr HRP style.
I would be interested to know if it was indeed the game in the background or not.

Offline StuartT

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 05:12:52 PM »
That is the best looking Centaur.
Has to be one of Ballys finest designs, the artwork and game play to match.

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 10:00:13 PM »
Wow. What a machine!  Mine has PT on it btw.

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 11:37:03 PM »
Wow. What a machine!  Mine has PT on it btw.

That is awesome! I will have to go back through my photos to see what others had that branding.
The T2 was a beauty Jango  @@*

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 10:44:31 AM »
Easiest way to tell if the game was restored by us is by looking at the silk screened warning text on the back of the cabinet. If it was restored by us, it will have either a Hot Rodded Pins logo or the very early Pinball Tales logo. From memory only three or so games had the PT logo before I changed it to thr HRP style.

No silkscreen on mine, Pinbot doesn't have one.
All I've got is Tim's lousy signature on the manual envelope and free play card  %$%
Those were the days...

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »

No silkscreen on mine, Pinbot doesn't have one.
All I've got is Tim's lousy signature on the manual envelope and free play card  %$%
Those were the days...

Wow they were the days alright Ant!! I should dig up a few photos of the workshop when we were both working away in there. Simpler times for sure. I don't think Pinbot ever had a system 11 style silkscreen from factory? Perhaps someone could confirm? If it DID, I have a sys11 screen and we could easily add it if need be... Let me know man

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »
Nah, I remember that neither of the two Pinbots you had at the time had anything on the back and you know I was always a stickler for keeping things original.

Offline Fishtales000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
I have the Fishtales which has the Pinball Tales Logo. Awesome machine