Author Topic: Some history of Capcom / IPB's Big Bang Bar  (Read 4058 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Some history of Capcom / IPB's Big Bang Bar
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »
Thanks for the link Swinks. I don't usually listen to podcasts much, but did listen to that one last night. From what I know a lot of what the fellow said was right, with some glaring inconsistencies to things I understood, and several that I knew to be incorrect (for example, that games shipped early to Europe & Australia to beat the ROHS rules - they only shipped early to Europe). But worth a listen as it maps out quite a bit of history of BBB fairly well.

I certainly still have one - Greg and I shared a love for our "CRapcoms" - in fact it was the BBB buying process and wait that lead to us becoming close mates.

Here's an intro to my buying a game, and when I get a chance I'll add some more later.

I heard about this while it was first being suggested by Gene, and hardly paid attention as it seemed just a flight of fancy (and I recalled he had suggested remaking Breakshot years earlier that went nowhere). Sometime later I learned more about the game and realized I really wanted one! By then the spots were gone. However a buyer put his spot up for sale and I grabbed it. Gene approved the swap, then all hell broke loose because I had jumped the queue, leading to Gene stating that would not happen again, and if anyone wanted out he would refund them and provide the spot to someone else waiting.

More later...
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”