Author Topic: Clean up of stickied pins??  (Read 13540 times)

Offline intopins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Clean up of stickied pins??
« on: November 23, 2016, 01:57:39 PM »
There are so many stickied pins in the FS or WTB sections its not funny. You have posts there from over a year old still stickied but others that are active (and yes, my WTB ad is one of them  ()) that don't appear at the top???

Perhaps you guys need to do a little house work and delete or un-stickie some of these.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Clean up of stickied pins??
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:33:30 PM »
Pesonall I don't see why they need to be stickied

If you are wanting to buy or sell, you will look through the whole section anyway

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
There are so many stickied pins in the FS or WTB sections its not funny. You have posts there from over a year old still stickied but others that are active (and yes, my WTB ad is one of them  ()) that don't appear at the top???

Perhaps you guys need to do a little house work and delete or un-stickie some of these.

We are not PAs for members.

When the game(s) sell, they are meant to inform us, so we can "unsticky" the threads. Other than that, it might be a long wait until we can read people's minds.  #@#

That being said, it would be great if members who have sold their games - please either update the thread(s) or PM a mod so we can un-sticky the thread.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:07:59 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
There are so many stickied pins in the FS or WTB sections its not funny. You have posts there from over a year old still stickied but others that are active (and yes, my WTB ad is one of them  ()) that don't appear at the top???

When the game(s) sell, they are meant to inform us, so we can "unsticky" the threads. Other than that, it might be a long wait until we can read people's minds.  #@#

That being said, it would be great if members who have sold their games - please either update the thread(s) or PM a mod so we can un-sticky the thread.

Certainly no one is calling you a PA to any of the members but seeing that some of those "sticky" are so old, why wait...they haven't been bumped or replied to by the op in over a year...why leave them there? That's all...your forum I guess, your call.

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 04:18:37 PM »
Just bumped a few threads for the members as a reminder. Hope that's ok  and helps somewhat?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 06:52:04 PM »
Just bumped a few threads for the members as a reminder. Hope that's ok  and helps somewhat?

I'll miss you

you had a opinion, you made your opinion known, admin read your opinion

and then you had to do something silly
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:53:43 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »

Certainly no one is calling you a PA to any of the members but seeing that some of those "sticky" are so old, why wait...they haven't been bumped or replied to by the op in over a year...why leave them there? That's all...your forum I guess, your call.

Why wait ?

Um.. Because members might still be on the hunt for the game  (((

Maybe we could tidy it up (from an admin point of view), but the way you just bumped everyone's posts, do you wonder why people don't want to answer your requests for machines ?

This isn't "buy, swap and sell", it is a pinball forum. Machines change hands often, but seldom using the methods you employ.

Offline intopins

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 10:44:44 PM »
There are so many stickied pins in the FS or WTB sections its not funny. You have posts there from over a year old still stickied but others that are active (and yes, my WTB ad is one of them  ()) that don't appear at the top???

When the game(s) sell, they are meant to inform us, so we can "unsticky" the threads. Other than that, it might be a long wait until we can read people's minds.  #@#

Why wait ?

Maybe we could tidy it up (from an admin point of view), but the way you just bumped everyone's posts, do you wonder why people don't want to answer your requests for machines ?

This isn't "buy, swap and sell", it is a pinball forum. Machines change hands often, but seldom using the methods you employ.

Lol...Goes to show my bumps have worked...some members have shown they are no longer on the hunt...no, if admin gave a stuff about their own site and did their own admin rather than letting some low life member do it....well....you'd be not only a better site and forum and not living in the shadow of AA but also possibly have a lot more traffic and conversation,

Hell, my page is rocking compared to this tumble weed of a forum...see ya! Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:13:25 PM »

When the game(s) sell, they are meant to inform us, so we can "unsticky" the threads. Other than that, it might be a long wait until we can read people's minds.  #@#

Why wait ?

Lol...Goes to show my bumps have worked...some members have shown they are no longer on the hunt...no, if admin gave a stuff about their own site and did their own admin rather than letting some low life member do it....well....you'd be not only a better site and forum and not living in the shadow of AA but also possibly have a lot more traffic and conversation,

Hell, my page is rocking compared to this tumble weed of a forum...see ya! Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Now the cat is out the bag. Only a matter of time Jardine..

This member "Jardine" (banned for attacking sponsors) AKA "intopins" has been trolling the site for a few weeks. Setting up a FB site that is inaccessible unless you are invited  !!@

If the so called site was "rocking", why are you constantly here asking members for machines and also lowballing dealers ?  &^&

:tumble:

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 12:28:54 AM »
Not the guy on FB looking for a CV ?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »

Could be. I don't know for a fact.

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 06:31:15 PM »

Yep

with what he was willing to spend i was just about ready to clean mine up and sell

seemed like a nice guy on FB :(

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 10:47:50 AM »
The vast majority of pins advertised on that FB page are way over-priced.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
The vast majority of pins advertised on that FB page are way over-priced.

With the peopke providing pricing advice , is there any wonder

No price is too high!!!
;)