Author Topic: Flintstones switch  (Read 2997 times)

Offline scottnds

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Flintstones switch
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:55:13 PM »
Hello
I need to replace the upper right lane rollover switch.Switch 75.
The manual says it is 5647-12693-19 which is the same as the DIG rollovers.But after buying one and soldering the new one in I found the wire needs to be bent to fit. So after mucking around with it I snapped the wire off.
Does anyone know the number of the correct switch so I can order one?
Thanks
Scott.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Flintstones switch
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »
Hello
I need to replace the upper right lane rollover switch.Switch 75.
The manual says it is 5647-12693-19 which is the same as the DIG rollovers.But after buying one and soldering the new one in I found the wire needs to be bent to fit. So after mucking around with it I snapped the wire off.
Does anyone know the number of the correct switch so I can order one?
Thanks
Scott.

What is wrong with the old switch?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:19:57 AM by Boots »

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
I have a problem with the skill shot not working all the time.So my approach was to just change out switches to see if the problem goes away.It may not even be this switch but I have to start somewhere.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
I have a problem with the skill shot not working all the time.So my approach was to just change out switches to see if the problem goes away.It may not even be this switch but I have to start somewhere.

You can transfer the switch actuator from the old switch to the new one.
Test it in the switch test

Offline Goingpinsane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 11:35:23 PM »
Sounds more like the original switch might need adjusting if it was working some times. Try rolling a ball over it it switch test and also pushing with your finger.

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the help. I have been really slack and just tried to swap over the actuator and it does not fit on the other switch. I will have a play around in switch test mode as suggested.Thanks again.

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
I have revisited this problem as it is now constant.  Before the ball is launched when I press either flipper the score advances 800,000 points from each press. Can anyone point me in a direction? Thanks

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
You could just keep flipping and get a huge score! &&
 Does the score go up if you bump the cabinet and not flip? Is it the vibration doing it? If it does that would make me think a loose wire on a switch.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 02:21:29 PM »
I think i may have had a similar problem, mine turned out to be dirty optos on the drop targets.

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:34:20 PM »
Thanks guys. Its been too cold in the shed but just had a look and have gone over it several times and cannot find a loose wire. There is no score when banging on playfield and the skillshot is intermittent. I still get a score with every fiipper flip. I will clean all optos and see how that goes. Cheers

Offline scottnds

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
I have fixed it now I hope. I cleaned all the optos but then found a globe holder for the "c" drop target had fallen off the green board and was resting in a wire loom. I must of looked at that thing 20 times and not noticed it was missing. Re soldered the lamp holder back to board and seems to be OK. Thanks for the assistance.