Author Topic: selling pinball on gumtree  (Read 852 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
selling pinball on gumtree
« on: December 22, 2016, 04:37:15 PM »
Need advice. Is selling a pinball safe on gumtree or better steer clear? Also anything to be wary of to look out for with gumtree buyers?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: selling pinball on gumtree
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:54:54 PM »
Gumtree buyers are just normal people, same as ebay buyers, forum buyers or newspaper buyers.  There will always be people that will lowball you, ask stupid questions or be tyre kickers - but that is part of buying and selling.  I know some people get hung up about lowball offers or questions and the like from selling on various sites, however i just politely refuse the offer or answer their question - interestingly i have had a few people buy stuff (not necessarily pinball related, although one was) who based on first communication appeared to be time wasters, but then came through with the cash at advertised price.

Obviously do not sell to someone who is on an oil rig, who has an agent who will ship and will transfer money via western union. As long as the cash is in your hand or account before you hand over, there should be no issue.  If you want to avoid a few tyre kickers, you could speicify very clearly in the advert that SMS and emails will be ignored, and ask that they phone you.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »
there has been a scam for a while that want you to text or email and say they will purchase guaranteed but is a scam that just wastes your time.

just state that any interested buyer must contact you via phone and scraps the scam artists

what games are you selling, you don't have a taxi or diner stashed away - keen for these....
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
great advice guy thanks. and no taxi or diner mate. But know where you can buy a $20 topper from jb  &&
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:36 PM »
great advice guy thanks. and no taxi or diner mate. But know where you can buy a $20 topper from jb  &&

wifeyy  #@#
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline piesrule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Gumtree buyers are just normal people, same as ebay buyers, forum buyers or newspaper buyers.  There will always be people that will lowball you, ask stupid questions or be tyre kickers - but that is part of buying and selling.  I know some people get hung up about lowball offers or questions and the like from selling on various sites, however i just politely refuse the offer or answer their question - interestingly i have had a few people buy stuff (not necessarily pinball related, although one was) who based on first communication appeared to be time wasters, but then came through with the cash at advertised price.

Obviously do not sell to someone who is on an oil rig, who has an agent who will ship and will transfer money via western union. As long as the cash is in your hand or account before you hand over, there should be no issue.  If you want to avoid a few tyre kickers, you could speicify very clearly in the advert that SMS and emails will be ignored, and ask that they phone you.
Good advice