Author Topic: Whirlwind Restoration  (Read 18885 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Whirlwind Restoration
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 09:18:16 PM »
Long time since any action on this but I am finally moving again - since the cabinet is done I just have to do the playfield swap - my first ever :D

Got a CPR playfield that came without dimples - awesome!! Apparently there was a stuff up with their CNC machine or something and most if not all the WW's weren't dimpled.  Oh well I have my old playfield to work off as a template and so I traced it area by area, then have been looking at that combined with the actual mech's and plastics and posts to see exactly where is best to drill the holes.

BUT I just ran into a problem, one of the posts decided to snap off, leaving the bottom of the screw in the hole - Motherf*$@er!!!  The post doesn't go all the way through so there is no way to grab it from the underside.  The area where it occurred is a spot where the ball can't get to and it's also hidden by plastics.  However, I need to put a new post in there as the plastics above it need to be supported and screwed to it.  Any suggestions on now to get it out? Ive already munted the area a bit trying to grip it and yank it out.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:19:59 PM by Slash »