Author Topic: Captain Fantastic  (Read 1432 times)

Offline malone6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Captain Fantastic
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »
Hi,
Purchased a fully restored Captain Fantastic  4 days ago.  After three days score counter not going above 1000 and at times goes backwards.
Problem No. 2 All four player ball counters start on ball 2, therefore only playing with 4 balls.  My experience was playing games at ages 12 to 16, some 45 odd years ago.  Can anyone please advise, before I chase up an Electro Mechanic guy.  It may be something very simple?
Larry

Offline Goingpinsane

• Forum Posts:
  • Wa
Re: Captain Fantastic
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »
Have you asked the previous owner for any help or advice? I'm sure they would be willing to help if they can.

Offline malone6

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
Hi,

Yes and he has no idea either!
Thanks for the interest.

Larry

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:19:18 PM »
Hi Larry and welcome to the forum. %)%

Sounds like you are experiencing the usual issue with old EM's of the Stepper units not turning freely.

There is a very good repair guide HERE

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
Interesting .. in his for sale ad he had stated "All stepper units have been cleaned and adjusted. "

I agree with Steevsee , problem 1 sounds like a Stepper issue .. problem 2 will be a ball count unit issue .. check that when it resets that the wipers are actually on the the first position . Ball count unit is usually found in the backbox.
A manual and schematic will really help you out with troubleshooting as will the labels on the steppers and relays , if they are still there.

Link to manual is here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_1976_Capt_Fantastic_FULL_Manual_United_States_Domestic_.pdf

Link to Schematic is here http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_Capt_Fantastic_1062_Schematic.pdf

Good luck
Dave
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:48:21 AM by goodolddays »
I need more room ! and more $$$