Author Topic: Indiana Jones Rescue  (Read 6378 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Indiana Jones Rescue
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:05:10 PM »
Have got a bit done over the last couple of evenings.  Been continuing to clean up bits like the coin door, lockdown bar receiver, leg brackets etc.  Also got onto the decal job.

Did the head one arvo with Lewis the apprentice!

I cut almost half the backing off, then stick it back on (so now there is a cut with some overlap in the middle of the backing). Then line up everything after triple checking, then put something heavy on one end (then check again for alignment!), and peel the backing off the unweighted end, and stick down.

The pic below is with the lower end of the head stuck down (the weight is just there for good measure), then applying the top section - the head is quite doable by yourself.

Finished product after trimming

Then the 'typical Rob resto pic' with wife 4 days before giving birth - what a trooper!!!

Same process as the head box with applying the decal, although there is a bit more room for error with the larger decals.  We can put the 3 main cabinet decals on fairly quickly now after having done a few

Mmmmm shiny!

I then put the metal cabinet protectors on, with leg bolts, screw in the small screws to hold them in place and cut approx 1 - 2 mm away from the edge of the protector, then peel that part of the decal off.  Photo below is after that is done.

Then this one is with the cab protector installed

I now use round headed screws to hold the cab protectors on (not the countersunk head ones supplied), as i have found it allows the leg a tad more clearance if it is not screwed on straight - minimising risk of one side hitting and marking the new decals.