Author Topic: Indiana Jones Rescue  (Read 6391 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Indiana Jones Rescue
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »
Well, bub has come into the world, however we have been back and forth to the hospital with a few issues, but all sorted now. I am in the middle of 2 weeks off, so have managed to put some time into getting this up and running once kids are sorted out of an evening.  I have been slack at documenting any photos during the playfield rebuild, and only have a couple of shots of the cab at the moment.

Anyway here are a few shots of the almost finished product.

Some things i did were replace the EMI filter - as with machines that have been left in storage for years liek this one, they always seem to go soon after firing up, and much easier to replace with the power box out of the machine.

Replaced a couple of switches and optos, also had an unusual problem with the idol lock always being 180 degrees out....turned out the motor was wired back to front - switched the plug around and it all was sorted.

Had not played an Indy for quite a few years, and really forgot how much a fun machine it is, also got 1.4B on the first game after the rebuild so was stoked with that!  Not sure what makes it so good, maybe the fact that there are quite a few shots from either flipper that actually progress things (ie: start mode, progress mode, progress multiball, progress captive ball, loop/ramp jackpots, get path of adventure), so there is always something to do and you are not biasing towards one or two particular shots. Plus the music and sounds are great.