Author Topic: Bally Kiss What's this one worth?  (Read 2574 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Bally Kiss What's this one worth?
« on: January 29, 2017, 06:29:40 PM »
Hi Guys
I know it's hard to value without seeing it in person but would appreciate a few ball park estimates on what this one is worth.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bulleen/other-video-games-consoles/kiss-pinball-machine/1137141155
Cheers
Tim

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Bally Kiss What's this one worth?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:26:08 PM »
Hopefully Strangeways will be on soon, right up his alley. Cab looks nice enough in the pics.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
Points for being a Collingwood supporter for starters.

It would want to be a high end restore for that price I reckon
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:12:29 PM by Toads »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
Without knowing who did the work I would say between $3k and the asking price. If all the mechs are original ie not rebuilt same goes for boards and connectors then I would say closer to the lower figure. If everything has been done properly then I would say around $5ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:22:49 PM »
Once they do another software update, it will be worth every cent lol. Sorry I couldn't help, myself knowing Nino will eventually see this thread. And yes Nino, I have airballs on gb
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
Looks like the auction finished early ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:29:22 PM »
no not an action it's a gumtree sale and the listing is still active.
Have another try Nino I would really appreciate your opinion on this one.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »

Worked this time !

Cabinet looks good - at least it appears the correct burnt orange / firetruck red is used instead of red ! Would want to know if the Serial Numbers have been retained.
Playfield appears original. Apart from the incorrect Drop Targets, it looks ok for an original. I would confirm with the seller that it IS original and not an overlay - but it it too "dull" to be an overlay.

There's not much info on the backglass. These can look GREAT from a distance, but they suffer from lift and flaking. You need to see photos of the rear.

From the photos and description - The cabinet presents well, and if the playfield is original, the backglass is original and has no flaking - Then it appears to be at the top end of market value for an original (almost in this case) game. Having said that, looking at the playfield and IF the backglass is very good, I'd be asking "why" it was not left original, as an original KISS that has an 8/10 for all components is EASILY worth $6,000. So why was the cabinet repainted (Serial Numbers ?)

Whenever I value machines, I think that they should be at least switched on, as even in photos, small things can be picked up.

It presents well - But needs further scrutiny before parting with $6,000.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »

Worked this time !

Cabinet looks good - at least it appears the correct burnt orange / firetruck red is used instead of red ! Would want to know if the Serial Numbers have been retained.
Playfield appears original. Apart from the incorrect Drop Targets, it looks ok for an original. I would confirm with the seller that it IS original and not an overlay - but it it too "dull" to be an overlay.

There's not much info on the backglass. These can look GREAT from a distance, but they suffer from lift and flaking. You need to see photos of the rear.

From the photos and de******ion - The cabinet presents well, and if the playfield is original, the backglass is original and has no flaking - Then it appears to be at the top end of market value for an original (almost in this case) game. Having said that, looking at the playfield and IF the backglass is very good, I'd be asking "why" it was not left original, as an original KISS that has an 8/10 for all components is EASILY worth $6,000. So why was the cabinet repainted (Serial Numbers ?)

Whenever I value machines, I think that they should be at least switched on, as even in photos, small things can be picked up.

It presents well - But needs further scrutiny before parting with $6,000.

Thanks Nino and everyone else for your opinions and advice.
I know most people say Kiss is a dud player but I've had my eye on one since day 1 of my adult pinball life. I thought it was probably just a sentimental attachment as I used to play it a lot a kid. About 2 years ago I had a few games on one I came across at at dealer and I loved it.
I haven't had a change in my line up for some time and I am thinking of maybe selling off my beloved Breakshot and chasing down a Bally Kiss and a Bally Playboy and then my collection will be complete  ^^^.