Author Topic: Monster Bash Restoration  (Read 5608 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Monster Bash Restoration
« on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »

I did a reasonable amount of research, and all the woodworking guys either go the Metabo or Festool. I got mine from total tools  [size=78%]http://www.totaltools.com.au/trade-tools/brand/metabo/cat1/powertools/cat2/powertools_polisherssanders/0[/size]

I used 80 grit paper - i have heard of some using 60, but 80 works . Obiously need to take it easy and not hook in past the adhesive layer and start taking too much wood off.

I bought a heap of various grades of sanding discs from smith and arrow (online), all in boxes of 25 and they seem quite good quality and very well priced.

Total time to do the main cab front and 2 sides was under 30 mins. Obviously needs finer grades of sanding but this is just decal removal.

At $330 its very worth it...particularly when i think about previous efforts burning fingers with a heat gun and scraper and using glue remover multiple times to get rid of adhesive residue.

The action on better brands is so much more effective than ozito and similar budget stuff. There is no way i could have done it like this with the ozito.