Author Topic: What's the future for the home market ?  (Read 6122 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: What's the future for the home market ?
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:49:08 PM »
and a question for Nino;
these highend collectors that you supply, are they after that one perfect game , or do they have a room full (more than 5) games?

Some collectors have a number of games but want one game - their Grail machine, done as a High End Restoration.
Some collectors buy dealer machines, find out that they are not up to standard, and then want them restored properly - as High end machines.
New collectors, especially younger guys, want an immediate click of the fingers High End machine to start off their collections.
Recently, there have been an increase in Ex Stern fanbois that would rather spend $13,000 on a robust, High End WPC era game (TAF, TZ, RFM..) than an incomplete and problematic NIB game.

In 2010, most of my customers wanted Fathom, Playboy, Genie, Pro football, KISS, Paragon.. Nowadays it is ST TNG, Shadow, CFTBL. Ironically, the late Greg Berry was the individual that pushed me to restore DMD era games alongside the EMs and SS that I loved doing. There has been a drop off in EMs. Most customers ask for Fireball, Captain Fantastic, Wizard, El Dorado - games that are hard to find and expensive.

Across the board, there is a bit of "buyer's panic" and they want the DMD machines like Addams Family as they know the prices are increasing to ridiculous prices and they WILL miss out if they wait too long. The SS and EMs are usually easier to find, and they are becoming cheaper to buy. If you are new to the hobby, and you love EMs - you would be arriving at the right time as your $ will buy you a good title.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia