Author Topic: What's the future for the home market ?  (Read 6140 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: What's the future for the home market ?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
No arcades in adelaide, and no increase in machines on location. Most location owners don't like the noise and they don't take as much money as they used to so pinnies on location are disappearing over here.

Similar for my small inland city...we only have one lone pinball (AC/DC Pro) in a pub. I tried to site mine in 2012, but no pub owner wanted a pinball. Same story for every location. "Takes up too much room". "Too noisy!" A few years later, a new operator started up and they had their main location at the newly built bowling alley and had Buck Hunter machines at various pubs. Spoke to one of the partners and she was keen for a pinball, but couldn't convince the other partners. They had no experience in fixing pinballs and were concerned about them breaking down. I put my hand up as possible pinball tech, but no luck.

Fast forward to now and we have a new dedicated arcade in the city (first time in 20 years?) and again, no pinball machines. I haven't been in there, but I don't think i'll waste my time asking if they'll be getting a pinball, as the answer is always the same.....and as for the lone sited AC/DC Pro, it's hardly ever powered on now.

I can see the reason why Stern are raising their prices, but wonder how many more machines could be out there if they stayed low?