Author Topic: What's the future for the home market ?  (Read 6169 times)

Offline JOKERPOKER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Nowra
Re: What's the future for the home market ?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Having discussed this at length over the last few years with long term industry people that i know and respect.
The general consensus is that our economy will have to falter and falter hard. People will be genuinely hurting, then AND ONLY THEN the toys will have to go and IF this happens across the board like it did in the States with the GFC, the market will be flooded. No one else will have money to buy from the flood and prices WILL tumble.

I picked up a Treasurecove ToM during this tumultuous time in the US and even with shipping I was in front by $4-5000. The guy i bought it off lost the entire restoration costs and even some of the original donor machine costs. He was happy to see it go to a fellow pinhead. I phoned him a few times during the course of the sale. He couldn't get a bid at 5K on ebay for a machine which owed him in excess of 10K. No-one had money to buy from the FLOOD of machines as they were all in the same boat. Fast forward 3 years and everything gets back on track. Happy Days.

The way our borrowings have gone and the new younger ones in the market that don't remember interest rates of 17% (that's what my first home loan was signed at!!) Mortgage annalists say that most people are only 1-2  months away from defaulting their home loans should their income stream change or the jobs market collapse. Time will tell.....We all thought these prices are unsustainable and most of us are surprised the bubble hasn't burst before this. I guess the good times have been here for a while and we are still "the lucky country"....for now? So let's play pinball and enjoy it for what it is. A toy and lately a very expensive toy. Suuuuuppppeeeerrrrrr Jaaacccckkkkpppoootttt.
Pinball.....gotta love it!