Author Topic: What's the future for the home market ?  (Read 6119 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: What's the future for the home market ?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
I think its deeper than that.. my daughter ( aged 6) downloads apps on my phone all the time and plays them till bored - enter another app etc. There is no analogue skill involved - its all digital " do this, then do that = reward". he only thing that really changes are the graphics, basic reward code remains the same.
Introduce a manual skill like pinball and the rewards are not so fast coming and so the attention level disappears. Go to school and rewards are given for even attending. Result is that you can win with minimal effort.
Now turn that around.. im a glassblower by trade. Did a 5 year apprenticeship that gave me the basics. then after 10 years I told myself I had it nailed. Has now been 30 years in the trade and I still strive to perfect my craft. I can make something that 20 years ago I would have said was spot on.. but I still only see the one or two defects of every piece, not the product itself.
I will never achieve what I want - I know that, but it doesn't stop me striving for it.
pinball is the same.. if I could nail it then I probably wouldn't play it... but.. in todays standards, if it doesn't happen.. why bother?