Author Topic: Pinball explained..  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Pinball explained..
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
Pete who has the workshed next to mine is an electrical engineer.. clever bloke who has a few inventions under his belt one of which is a machine still used in principal today that detects deep vein thrombosis via  a non invasive technique.
We often bounce ideas and discuss stuff over cups of tea in my shed where ive got a couple of pinball machines im working on.
He stands at the machines like a complete novice saying stuff like.."so I use these to move the bat things and hit the ball right?"

@.@ @.@ @.@

Anyway, this morning he sends me an email... enjoy.

Just watch a pinball video still don't get it ? However it's a great tool for learning trajectory depending on the mass of the ball But the formula does not take in to consideration the slope of the table or the friction of the ball on the table surface so obviously g will be portional to F=MxA over the deceleration of mass over the tan of the slope

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Pinball explained..
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!   

thats the beauty of the silver ball, you just too many variables.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »
WOW!!!   *!@ *!@

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
This is probably why Im not a fan of virtual or digital pins. Having played a few on Xbox1, the variables and kinetics are not the same as the real deal.   
The Addams Family hates me!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »
Absolutely,
I did email back and state that any equation would have factor "E" where E = chaos and random theory, this in turn would be directly proportional to reflex and stress level.

Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come to work tomorrow with a long equation in his hand and a broad smile...LOL

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »
Pete who has the workshed next to mine is an electrical engineer.. clever bloke who has a few inventions under his belt one of which is a machine still used in principal today that detects deep vein thrombosis via  a non invasive technique.
We often bounce ideas and discuss stuff over cups of tea in my shed where ive got a couple of pinball machines im working on.
He stands at the machines like a complete novice saying stuff like.."so I use these to move the bat things and hit the ball right?"

@.@ @.@ @.@

Just watch a pinball video still don't get it ? However it's a great tool for learning trajectory depending on the mass of the ball But the formula does not take in to consideration the slope of the table or the friction of the ball on the table surface so obviously g will be portional to F=MxA over the deceleration of mass over the tan of the slope

Didn't know Einstein liked playing pinball..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »

@.@ @.@ @.@

I was going to ask if his name was Sheldon (as in off the TV show Big Bang Theory)!! Sounded like something HE would say  %.% %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »

What the?????

Classic!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:52 PM »
Classic case of over thinking things .. time to relax and go with the flow  :lol :lol
I need more room ! and more $$$