Author Topic: Yet another new pin hauler !!  (Read 393 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Yet another new pin hauler !!
« on: March 27, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
I have been out of the pinball loop for a very long time now, but with every vehicle I deal with I still rate it's ability to haul pinnies, hehe.

A few years back I bought a Mazda tribute and dubbed it the new pin hauler, and just a week ago I verified that it will indeed haul a pin with all the doors closed.

Then several months ago I finished my skid steer (pin lift) restoration (link here)
That inevitably needs to be hauled to different places so I picked up a decent trailer and beater pickup truck to pull it.

Well the Mazda is getting long in the tooth, and my pickup truck developed a problem costing more than it's worth to repair, so I traded them (and a significant percentage of future wages) to pick up a new hauler. This baby will pull the trailer and not break a sweat. And oh, baby - it drives like a Cadillac. I had to drive 400 miles today to buy a tool and this thing made the trip a pleasure to endure. Normally I really dislike driving and hardly ever get out beyond work & errands.

So did I overkill the broken truck problem? Hopefully I can just drive this thing for a decade or so. Never felt confident about my other vehicles making it to the destination sometimes, especially of significant distance. I'd drive this thing to some faraway fun tomorrow if I just had some vacation time.

The payment likely precludes me buying any pins for quite some time still, but if I could afford one this should haul it home, eh?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:06:05 PM by vinito »
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.