Author Topic: X Files Pin Scores Glitch & Service Menu problem  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Integrated

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay
    • Integrated Academy
Re: X Files Pin Scores Glitch & Service Menu problem
« on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »
Hey guys, I'm sorry to say that I am still reaching out for help regarding the digital glitch with my X Files pin. I replaced the ROM's and also installed an NV RAM chip hoping that it would fix the problem but to no avail. One thing that may give a clue towards the problem is when I go into the Service Menu it seems to malfunction and jump to the wrong function and all the factory settings are scrambled (this is regardless of whether or not I use the flipper buttons and start button instead of the portals switches). If I persevere enough in the service menu I can eventually do a Factory Reset & Audits reset etc but when the machine boots up the glitch is still in the system. I'm wondering if it is due to a corruption in one of the other RAM chip's or if there is some kind of wiring problem/short in the Portals assembly or something else. I noticed the data ribbon cable and plugs that goes from the CPU board to the DMD boards was quite twisted and old looking, I wonder if this could cause these kinds of problems?
The game still plays well (apart from the glitch and some of the flashers not working even though I put new bulbs in them).
I have enjoyed adding all the new mods and have also cleaned all the playfield and ramps and install the entire LED light kit and new rubbers throughout.
I just need to sort out to the weird data glitch problem. Are you able to give me some ideas of how to potentially fix it?

With appreciation,

~ Mick
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:22:52 PM by Integrated »