Author Topic: X Files Pin Scores Glitch & Service Menu problem  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Integrated

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay
    • Integrated Academy
Re: X Files Pin Scores Glitch & Service Menu problem
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
After some perseverance I was able to enter into the Diagnostics section of the Service Menu function and did a thorough testing procedure including lamp test, coil test and switch test. I will write the results here in the hope that someone with tech experience can see what's going on and point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

SINGLE LAMP TEST:
* when initiating some of the single lamps, one of the pop bumper lights comes on at half power?
e.g.

#13 'Bonus Times 2' (Yel-Grn : Red-Blk) also lights the Bottom Pop Bumper
#14 'Bonus Times 4' (Yel-Blu : Red-Blk) also light the Right Pop Bumper
#29 'Double Jackpot' (Yel-Grn : Red-Yel) also lights the Bottom Pop Bumper
#30 'Extra Ball' (Yel-Blu : Red-Yel) also light the Right Pop Bumper
* in total I've identified 12 cases of this and it is always a pattern of a consecutive two
* another thing to note is that the #52 Top Pop Bumper light (Yel-Blk : Red-Vio) has never worked since I purchased the machine (even after I installed the new bulb)

SINGLE COIL TEST:
* the Right Ramp Top Flasher Light does not work (even after bulb replacement)
* when the #F6 Flash Rt Ramp Top is tested, the Rt Ramp Bottom Flasher goes on instead
* when the #F7 Flash Rt Ramp Bottom is tested, nothing lights 
* another thing to note is that even though both of the Left Ramp Flasher Lights do not work during gameplay but they do work in test mode.

SWITCH TEST:
* when going into this testing mode it is nearly impossible to see whats going on as it goes crazy with the options cycling through fast (maybe due to one of the  switches being stuck on or some other kind of glitch or cross-wiring situation?
* After a while of watching the various switch matrix diagrams cycling across the display there is one that keeps showing up as the culprit but it says #95 (Grn-Gry : Wht-Vio) NOT USED

* I was also able to enter into another diagnostics section of the service menu titled Dr Pinball TECHNICIAN ALERTS:
An alert comes up as 'CHECK SWITCHES'
#46 Magnet Opto
#34 NOT USED
#36 NOT USED

And the other alert comes up as 'SWITCH STUCK OPEN'
#34 NOT USED
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:08:12 AM by Integrated »