Author Topic: 1957 Dale Engineering The burp gun / cop and robbers / crooks saloon  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Very impressive work in saving a neat piece of arcade history.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Probably would have been pushing the boundaries back in the 50s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KBRI1700

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
Nice CFTBL playfield next to it

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Nice CFTBL playfield next to it

And no silhouette in sight! #@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
You already know how much I hate you Daniel.. you are just making it worse mate

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
You already know how much I hate you Daniel.. you are just making it worse mate
Yeah well you have great hair so I call it even

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Yes... yes I do..

Fair call

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hahahah

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Sadly no progress on the game but this arrived in the mail yesterday.
  An original advertising poster so much money for a piece of paper but I could t let it get away

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I had a little me time the last couple of days and started tackling the cabinet on the crooks saloon it’s all stripped repaired and in its first coat of primer was pretty happy to discover the original artwork under the 50 layers of paint

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Small update I got the gun stand painted and assembled just waiting on the new nickel plating to come back then I’ll start on the target section

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Decided I couldn’t wait any longer with the warmer weather slowly leaving use decided to change my plan of attack and paint the target section.   Original plan was to strip it to a bare cabinet paint it then re assemble as i restore all the mechs and assemblies but figured paint the cabinet while the weathers nice I can restore assemblies anytime of year and I’m glad i did absolutely perfect weather for my all natural spray booth the heaters and ventilation system ran faultlessly hahaha
Tomorrow I’ll attempt to completely stuff up all of today’s work with the white speckling.   

Biggest challenge with this one is it won’t stand up on it’s own being so tall and thin.
    I prepped the back of the cabinet then later it flat on the Pinball trolley to access everything that’s seen.   Plan is to stand it up tomorrow and hope my very awkward upside down spraying of the edges is good enough to just remove the rear acces door and spray that but won’t find out till tomorrow. 
  That all depends of o can even move after a full day crouching and bending over sanding in the sun hahahah

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Decided I couldn’t wait any longer with the warmer weather slowly leaving use decided to change my plan of attack and paint the target section.   Original plan was to strip it to a bare cabinet paint it then re assemble as i restore all the mechs and assemblies but figured paint the cabinet while the weathers nice I can restore assemblies anytime of year and I’m glad i did absolutely perfect weather for my all natural spray booth the heaters and ventilation system ran faultlessly hahaha
Tomorrow I’ll attempt to completely stuff up all of today’s work with the white speckling.   

Biggest challenge with this one is it won’t stand up on it’s own being so tall and thin.
    I prepped the back of the cabinet then later it flat on the Pinball trolley to access everything that’s seen.   Plan is to stand it up tomorrow and hope my very awkward upside down spraying of the edges is good enough to just remove the rear acces door and spray that but won’t find out till tomorrow. 
  That all depends of o can even move after a full day crouching and bending over sanding in the sun hahahah

Same here. For the first time this summer, but only after summer has finished, it has been perfect for painting cabinets. This last week has been perfect.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well I didn’t stuff up the splatter so I’m pretty happy.  Ive done all I can do externally now until the nickel and stencils come back.

I’ll replace the black tube with the good freshly painted one tonight when my son finishes me work.
   Also think I’ll try my local alloy place to see if they have a similar edge trim mine are twisted and bashed to death.

It’s such a big game when assembled lol

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
So what is it with this speckle thing. Old Pinnies have it, this has it, was there a purpose in speckling the paint or only just for looks
Still loving my Metallica Premium