Author Topic: Dream Themes  (Read 2378 times)

Offline OziMoose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
Dream Themes
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
Being a collector of many things. I would love to see a licensed "Mattel Hotwheels"pin. It would have orange track and redline 1/64 cars in it. My 2nd choice would be a BMX theme. Perhaps styled from the Nicole Kidman movie 'BMX Bandits'. I have seen a one off custom build of 'The Dukes of Hazzard' elsewhere online. Brilliant!
Hello Stern, are you listening?  :D

What's your dream theme?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:33:50 PM by OziMoose »
The Addams Family hates me!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Dream Themes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 06:42:46 AM »
hey there, yes my dream theme's are similar - a more modern Surf Pinball, Hot Wheels, Dukes of Hazzard and would also like a Fast n Furious.

The one off Dukes of Hazzard may have been my start build -
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=14442.0
there has only been 2 others but one is a virtual pin and the other is a fake photo shop one over a Lord of the Rings. I have handbraked this project to build up some build experience using a existing board set - Surfing Theme.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
I know "Hotwheels" was made in a EM. But it was just the title and not based on the toy cars. I have read your D.O.H and Surf thread. Top stuff and can't wait to see them finished. Can't believe F&F has not been made yet. That would bring a whole new generation of youngins to pins. If Data East was still going in Japan my bet is they would of made a " Inital D" pin.
I have never seen or played a virtual/digital full size pin apart from on xbox1. So I will reserve my opinion to a later date.
Q? How does one program a SS DMD pin? Do you use existing circuit boards and reprogram the roms?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
For the software on the Surfer I will be using the boardset and rules of skateball but the new layout and many of the main features.

There is a guy in the US that has created some apparently great software called Mission Pinball Framework and used with Proc or Fast Boards.

Hotwheels could be a great game with lots of orange ramps. Here is a video just for fun - all the car / movie cars racing against each other (not a pinball).

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »
I still want a HE-Man Masters of the Universe pin.
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline OziMoose

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast/Sydney
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
Music or band oriented pins that should of been made? I'm going to ad "Sex Pistols" & "Ramones" to my list. Both bands were huge and paved the way to a whole new generation of music styles. Oh and " Iron Maiden" I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
apparently Iron Maiden is a strong rumor to be made by Stern

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »
I know "Hotwheels" was made in a EM. But it was just the title and not based on the toy cars. I have read your D.O.H and Surf thread. Top stuff and can't wait to see them finished. Can't believe F&F has not been made yet. That would bring a whole new generation of youngins to pins. If Data East was still going in Japan my bet is they would of made a " Inital D" pin.
I have never seen or played a virtual/digital full size pin apart from on xbox1. So I will reserve my opinion to a later date.
Q? How does one program a SS DMD pin? Do you use existing circuit boards and reprogram the roms?

The last Hot wheels was made by Zaccaria in '79