Author Topic: Stern Lightning tidy up  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Lightning tidy up
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »

I broke one of my golden rules with this one and did some touchup work on the cab and backbox rather than a total repaint.. i normally WILL NOT do cab touchups as the end results usually up looking like dog shit, but since this cab really wasn't too bad i decided to have a go at it with the airbrush.

The worst of the wear was below the flipper buttons which was what Ian was most concerned about getting repaired. I ended up using the same Trident brand airbrush paint i use on playfields and backglasses, matching the blue as best as i could which was pretty hard to do since the colour had faded differently between the left and right sides  ^&^

Some of the yellow was resprayed as well, using automotive acrylic (after some failed attempts with the Trident waterbased airbrush paint). The cab abd backbox were clearcoated after the touchups work to seal and protect them.

First two pic showing the cab before (since i lost the original pics i posted due to the photophuckit stuff ups)!
Next two pics blue touchups done, before clear applied (cabinet had been sanded before touchups were done).
Rest of the pics showing the end result after the clearcoat applied and side rails going back on..
Not perfect but looks much betterer me thinks  :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:46:44 PM by Mr Pinbologist »