Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Stern Lightning tidy up

(1/5) > >>

Mr Pinbologist:
Time for the next resto... well this will be just a "get going and tart it up a bit" rather than a complete resto, as its not getting a cab repaint as i dont have the time to do it!

This is the Stern Lightning that Ian (aka Howzat) picked up a last June for $300 from a mate of mine during a road trip we did to Armidale, (i picked up a Wms Flash in Guyra on the same trip for $230 which has since been fixed up and sold).

Anyway some pics of Lightning that we started on yesterday;

The cabinet is not too bad, I've already repaired the bottom panel that was falling out!

The backbox needs some attantion, chipboard  (SHITboard) on back of backbox and MDF on the front edge water damaged

The playfield on the other hand, is a different story! although it looks ok at first glance on closer inspection it has a LOT of wear!

I got a bit of a lucky break with the playfield, i've done a deal with Nino for a Lightning playfield he has that is in a LOT better shape than this one, so it'll be a simple playfield swap for this game rather than trying to restore THIS one  #*#

Soon as the replacement p/f arrives the work will begin  *%* *%*

Mr Pinbologist:
This is the home made backglass that the game had %.% %.%

And here is the translite i found on ebay that will be used instead.. much better i think!!

And the bag of goodies that came with the game.. new coils, lamps etc

howzat:
I have never played this game before .   this will be the 1st game I have owned with an upper p/f  and no bumpers

I have always wanted  a B/knight or Flash G but there quite pricey, so hope fully this will be a good player

I would be keen to get some opinions of game play  from you guys

As Mitch said where getting a replacement P/F from Nino  and repainting the legs and coin door

The B/box surrounds will be replaced     I carnt waite to get this in the line up        Howzat

Strangeways:
Custom crate arrived today. Long story  @@^

Mr Pinbologist:
Progress update;

The replacement p/f arrived from Nino about a couple of months ago. MUCH BETTER than what i had to work with on the original p/f  *%*  Thanks Nino  ^^^ ^^^

First four pics; the playfield as received...

And last three pics how it looks now after refurbishing. ALL of the inserts removed, flattened and refitted level, some minor touchups done (mainly around the inserts), mylar applied and reassembly started.

Some of the parts will be swapped over from the old playfield. The ramps are from the old p/f as they were in better shape, regrained/polished and fitted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version