Author Topic: Service fee for a TAF, does this sound right?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Kirk332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Service fee for a TAF, does this sound right?
« on: May 24, 2017, 05:29:51 PM »
In my massive 3 years of learning experience on a massive amount of no less than 10 Pinball machines, I am yet come across any gummed up pivot points that have been an issue other than the unsightly appearance, and the ones that I have applied lube to are yet to present any problems. I have no doubt that if left unchecked for many years problems will arise. I have however had two of said pivot points which required replacement due to the actual shaft on the mounting plate coming loose. Lack of lubrication issue, who knows? These assemblies do work hard, the constant thumping and pounding and propelling of the steel ball must take its toll. Yes the pivot point still worked but there was extra movement/slop in the assembly. I like my machines tight and slippery. I assume most people would never notice this looseness issue on the shaft unless pulling it apart and inspecting. Also most all of the pivot shafts that I have come across have had the cadmium plating almost completely removed around its circumference and some with heavy gouging as well. I attribute this to dry metal on metal and unequivocal wear Thanks for all the input guys.