Author Topic: *Tube Time* - Custom Surfing Pinball  (Read 48057 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: *Tube Time* - Custom Surfing Pinball
« on: May 23, 2017, 02:53:57 PM »
another almost mid week (in Aus) update
Boards have arrived The full Alltek Boardset (MPU, Solenoid, Lamp with test board) has landed.

And I started on the WAV Trigger boards from Sparkfun today for the games sound effects. I will go into more detail in the near future producing a pdf document that people to download and learn how to use these in pinballs from a no experience approach. I know a few guys have used them and I got some details but with no experience I was still a little confused so from my experience others should be able to give this ago for game rethemes or custom added sounds / music.
Below is my little custom SWINKS test rig comprising or 2 WAV trigger boards (red boards) and a board fitted with 32 switches to simulate playfield switches. This test rig will help me dabble and experiment before the playfield is ready and to test out my theories. The boards come with no fittings so you will have to buy the headers, cut to size and solder into place.
Why did I go for these boards: here is why - they are cool.
 - each board takes in 16 inputs (switches)
 - each board takes whatever sized mini SD card
 - the SD cad can hold up 1000 songs / sounds = 8hrs of audio on a 8gb card at 16-bit, 44.1kHz Stero CD Quality output
 - you can blend and overlap 8 x songs / sounds. This allows a switch on the cabinet to scroll through songs to the one you like and then play the ball. Each switch can connect access a selection of sounds from 1 to 80 odd and with the basic software you can tell it to go to next, random, stop when another sound comes on or to blend. You can also control volume on each batch so music folder a little softer and the sound effects pop over the top of it.
So no bally sound board needed on this game as these WAV trigger bords will bring up the modern sounds and music. You can step up to connect this board to a audino level and allow more than 16 switches but I don't want to get that involved hence the use of 2 boards.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/wav-trigger-hookup-guide
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts