Author Topic: Nice idea on usinf tournament settings on a stern  (Read 1224 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Nice idea on usinf tournament settings on a stern
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »
A mate told me this and thought I'd put it out there just in case others don't know this or would like to implement it. We Aussies get the tournament button included with stern games. Well my mate uses it like this. He sets the standard start button settings to easier and maybe 5 balls so you can play games to try and get to all the wizard/end game modes

Then he sets up tournament to on and the settings there are set to factory, no extra balls etc. You then have a choice when playing your game whether you want to play a hard mode or easier mode without having to stuff around with settings all the time. Its like having two games in one on your machine.

Highscores are retained etc and choose 'custom' under start tournament and do not use 'bump and win' setting but the four best scores setting
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great idea!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline onetaste

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Excellent idea, I didn't know u cld have dift game settings for each

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Excellent idea, I didn't know u cld have dift game settings for each
not quite. you can custom set the standard normal game play section, but utilize the tournament section for a second fixed setting ie. no extra balls, mystery awards may be fixed, etc etc. But in a small way the effect is you have two games in one. Like I said I'm using the 'start button' mode as a means of possibly getting to see all the wizards modes as I've set up four extra ball award levels, etc. The good thing is you can reverse all these changes easily
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Great idea