Author Topic: Gottlieb Count-Down restoration  (Read 6894 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Gottlieb Count-Down restoration
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 01:41:43 PM »
Where did you get a new cab from and who does the painting? I can’t believe how new you make everything look. Are they all bits you remade, or just clean up well, or a combo of both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mate,

Cabinet painting was by Tim and Stuart at Hot Rodded Pins in Geelong. I had the cabinet made by a local joiner and I made the backbox light panel. Some of the other parts are new but most are cleaned up and the metal parts are replated.

Absolutely brilliant work there Adam. The cabinet really "pops". This is going to be an awesome game when done !

Thanks Nino, it’s a game I really enjoy and I enjoy working on it as well but i’m really looking forward to getting it playing again.

Awesome job Adam!! After cleaning up the JP cab recently (and just finishing of a WPC redecalling) you come to appreciate the advantages of a new cabinet. Very underrated System 1 game, I chased one for a while ages ago.

Yep, Nice clean lines and a strong build, it just takes a bit longer to fit everything back off. I find myself triple checking and then checking again before fitting brackets and the like off. Well worth it though.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Gottlieb Count-Down restoration
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 05:56:57 PM »
Awesome job, looks great  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts