Author Topic: Post ya Expo pics here!  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Post ya Expo pics here!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »
My opinion.....you paid 5 bucks to see alot of pinballs, and play some of them as much as you wanted. Bargain! Got to play Cactus Canyon, 24, and Sterns newest release NBA. 24 is a very good game, NBA didnt grab me though. Got to play Coconut Island as well, give these guys heaps of credit for making their own cool pinny, and the decals Spacies did look as good as any commercially made pin.

The best bit was catching-up and meeting fellow pinheads. The newy guys had a ball talking shit on the way, whilst there, and on the way home.

Nothing negative from me, it was all good. Others may have expected more, but to me it was exactly what I expected of this event.

and I got to meet Matt!

oh lil sad there wasnt an EBD there lol

Some more pics:

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 10:07:21 PM »
Wow what a great event, thanks for uploading the pics, keep them coming...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »
spewing i didnt go now.
looks great
my sword of fury would have looked great in there as it is in near perfect condition.
there were some pins there which i totaly forgot existed.
you would think they would all be in near mint condition, but some scratched and dirty pins are better than no pins at all.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 12:40:24 AM »
Looks as thought it would be fun to be there.

I see in some of the pics the AP shirts. They seem to stand out.

What do people think of them now that they have seen them in the flesh so to speak.

I am sorry i couldn't make it.(Siggghhhhh)

Maybe the next one for me.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
Have some more pix bu6t it's time for bed  (((

Will load them up tomorrow....inlcuding the important drinking in the pub shots  :lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2009, 01:58:40 AM »

Thanks for the pictures so far guys - really appreciated for those of us unable to make it.

I'm really pleased at the turnout, and the feedback has been very positive with regard to the event. CI looks to be the "show stealer" and we have been well represented - all the good looking guys are wearing AP T-Shirts.

:D

Keep the pictures and reports coming.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
Heres a few more for ya's

Rollerball was concentrating HARD here because I was SMASHING him on Playboy!

Now - I have seen some pretty funky playing action and 'playing stances' in my time , but Gav.....you take the cake with this super cool stretch effort !!

DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
Great pics there wotto
  Thanks seeing that world cup really showed me how bad mine is lol might have to drag that out of storage soon

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »

Thanks for the pictures so far guys - really appreciated for those of us unable to make it.

I'm really pleased at the turnout, and the feedback has been very positive with regard to the event. CI looks to be the "show stealer" and we have been well represented - all the good looking guys are wearing AP T-Shirts.

:D

Keep the pictures and reports coming.

.....What he just said!! :D

Now im sorry i didnt go.. Cam wanted me to go, and take my Vortex machine there. Well it turned out i could've gone after all coz the band gigs i had got canned at the last minute which REALLY pissed me off.

I bet the CI was the show stealer as well. would've LOVED to see that one in action.
Keep the pics coming..  #*# #*#

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »
My opinion.....you paid 5 bucks to see alot of pinballs, and play some of them as much as you wanted. Bargain!

Could not agree more about the value mate $5.00- sheesh ! How cheap was that !

Got to play 24, and Sterns newest release NBA. 24 is a very good game, NBA didnt grab me though.

24 - Couldnt get into it as it was hard to hear the machines so I was just belting the ball around and kicking Rollerballs arse on it :lol, its certainly a game U would need to know the rules of and be able to hear in order to play it properly, but it 'felt' good , the sniper targets were cool.
I actually liked the NBA Jam machine , and I dont like Basketball at all - after having read a lot of negatives about new Stern titles I thought it played REALLY smooth and had good flipper feel - the loop shots were fast and that kickout hole that shoots ( airballs )  the ball up to the basket from the middle of the playfield , like a long 3 point shot, was insane

Only negative is the backglasses- I HATE real photo backglasses - they REALLY cheapen the look to me.

The best bit was catching-up and meeting fellow pinheads.

Again - fantastic aspect of it, got to catch up with Pinfan, Felixthe dog and many many others I hadnt met before......oh and you of course Sinbad #*#

Nothing negative from me, it was all good. Others may have expected more, but to me it was exactly what I expected of this event.

Funny - I said those EXACT words yesterday at the event - it was EXACTLY what I expected for a 1st time event

DW Drums rule !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »
There just wasnt enough time to meet-up with people Wotto, as we had to take off at 3pm. I look forward to more of these events, and like Tony said AP and AA guys got on really well. To be honest I wouldnt expect anything different because we all share the same passion, and really get a kick out of promoting it. I left expo feeling more energised for the hobby. Man I wanted that original Star Trek, its bloody nice and know it will get good $$$ (how good is the overlay!).
 *%*

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
I feel the same after the Expo Greg . It's got me wanting some more pins more than ever . I think it would be the same for everyone who attended and for those who attended that weren't already into the hobby it would've certainly got them buzzing with excitement .... that's gotta be a good thing !!!

One thing I was impressed with was the age range of the crowd . There were some guys there who would've been old enough to be my grandfather right down to the very young .... Jeez one bloke I seen had a young baby strapped to his chest in one of those harness things . He was bashing away at the pin and the bub was watching the ball and all that was going on . Talk about starting em early .... lol

Was great to meet fellow AP members ..... felix , Rollerball ,Wotto ,ajlaird ,millsy,illawarra tony and more (sorry can't remember everyone but I'm sure after a few more Expo's it'll be easier)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
Expo would have been heaps better if Wotto wasnt kicking my ass all day...thanks for that mate...

well done to everyone that organised the Expo...

Fantastic job..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline PeterW

• Forum Posts:
  • Sutherland Shire
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
I actually liked the NBA Jam machine , and I dont like Basketball at all - after having read a lot of negatives about new Stern titles I thought it played REALLY smooth and had good flipper feel - the loop shots were fast and that kickout hole that shoots ( airballs )  the ball up to the basket from the middle of the playfield , like a long 3 point shot, was insane

Only negative is the backglasses- I HATE real photo backglasses - they REALLY cheapen the look to me.
Completely agree with you Wotto. I really liked the NBA machine and I'm not into basketball either.

I agree about the backglass too, but then I've never thought much of any backglass since about 1982.  %.%

Gottlieb Fastdraw - Stern Magic

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
Gav's stall early in the day - check out the look on Jim's face (Gav's son)  :lol