Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Space Odyssey

(1/10) > >>

goodolddays:
Gday all . About time I posted a new resto thread here .

I have made a start on the Space Odyssey that I picked up recently. [/size]I have kept an eye out for one of these for a few years now .. I am a sucker for Space themes LOLI always start a resto by sealing the Backglass so that is what I did yesterday .I use Markseal for this but had run out so had to wait for my order which turned up earlier this week.Here are a few pics to give you an idea of condition .. most of the red has gone so will be trying to touch that up plus a few other bits and pieces where the paint has flaked off . I did consider buying a CPR BG but I think this original will turn out OK .The 1st pic shows where I started cleaning along the edge before sealing , using cotton balls and Shellite . Only lost a tiny bit of paint in the process [/color]

goodolddays:
I have ordered some Jo Sonja paints so I can have a go at airbrushing the red back into this glass .
Both CPR and BGResto have done this one but I really can't justify forking out the $$ for a new glass right now.

goodolddays:
I broke my own rule with this game and bought it sight unseen so I did not know the chime unit was missing . Seller had bought this game from the original OP but says he had never done any work on it (and it doesn't look like he did) so he was surprised to hear it was missing too . Will probably purchase a new one from chimeunit.com .Anyway, the bigger decision now is which playfield to use (game came with a spare) but both have issues .Playfield one is nice and clean underneath but has delamination around the POP Bumper area (I have never seen this before) so that could be a challenge to repair plus most inserts are sunken so will need to come out and be relevelled after removing mylar on the lower half of the PF.It also has a thin metallic layer that seems to be glued on the shooter lane and ball arch areas (I have never seen this before either) which would need to somehow be removed. Here are a few pics of Playfield one which is the original one in the cab.

goodolddays:
Here are a couple of pics of PF 2. Some idiot cut the wiring loom on this one so if I end up using it will need to do a full swap . All the underside is rusted plus some timber delamination underneath.. some damaged areas that would need repairs, all inserts are sunken so need remove/re level plus remove mylar from bottom half first .
I have never tried mylar removal before .. luckily I now have 2 playfields to practice that on

goodolddays:
Cab is in good shape .. might repaint it down the track .. dunno yet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version