Author Topic: Bally Old Chicago Reconditioning  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Bally Old Chicago Reconditioning
« on: November 01, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »
All the steppers are rebuilt. Correct springs are installed. Rarely do I find a stepper that has the correct springs.

All the steppers are rebuilt. The relays are cleaned, the points adjusted and gapped. This is where a fair amount of time is spent.

To break up the process, I move to a smaller job of rebuilding the chime unit with a rebuild kit from PBR.

All the mechs are rebuilt under the playfield - steppers, relays, pop bumpers and of course - flipper kits.

Moving to the headbox. All the score reels are rebuilt. This is CRITICAL to any work on an EM. Most faults go back to the score reels.

Stripped, cleaned and then re assembled. Time consuming, but mandatory !

Reassembled ;

There's always one glaring issue with score reel assemblies. Here is a classic. The coil stop is worn and has been previously repaired by an operator. Lucky for me, I have hundreds of NOS parts from back when Dad was an operator !

Score reels rebuilt !

Credit Unit rebuilt !

The Player Unit - Critical that this is rebuilt.

One of the reasons I rebuild everything on EM s is because not everything is visible until stripped and cleaned. Here we have an issue which would not have been picked up by an operator or previous owner ;

A crack in the bakerlite plate... OPEN circuit !

This would cause all sorts of issues with games where there are moew than one player - I'll get to that later !

Repaired !

Headbox completed !

Next update - Playfield !

<.> <..>
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia