Author Topic: First page...  (Read 3673 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: First page...
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
Now I care - accidentally closed my browser. Opened up browser and this time the list of unread posts was only a few in comparison with three pages previously. I guess it is right though, in that these are unread since my last visit. I generally never close the browser so never have any problems with the unread posts (never turn the computer off, either, unless I have to). Maybe this will help with consideration of this issue.

I would prefer to see all unread posts, rather than just those unread since last visit.

It usually works for me, I always turn my computer off and it still shows the posts I didnt get the chance to read the last time

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
Now I care - accidentally closed my browser. Opened up browser and this time the list of unread posts was only a few in comparison with three pages previously. I guess it is right though, in that these are unread since my last visit. I generally never close the browser so never have any problems with the unread posts (never turn the computer off, either, unless I have to). Maybe this will help with consideration of this issue.

I would prefer to see all unread posts, rather than just those unread since last visit.

It usually works for me, I always turn my computer off and it still shows the posts I didnt get the chance to read the last time

After reading the Unread Posts, have you ever gone through each section to see if there are any posts that have been missed?  !@#

I have noticed that some of the posts are appearing in their relevant section without a "New" icon next to them, yet they are "unread" posts but do not show up in the Unread Posts list  #@#

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
Yeah I don't get it. Sounds like a bug in the forum software so I need to keep looking for a fix. Sorry about this.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »

After reading the Unread Posts, have you ever gone through each section to see if there are any posts that have been missed?  !@#

I have noticed that some of the posts are appearing in their relevant section without a "New" icon next to them, yet they are "unread" posts but do not show up in the Unread Posts list  #@#

Matthew

It used to do that for me, but I haven't noticed it lately, I'll pay a little more attention and see.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »
Yes, I get that a little, find the odd thread with a new post not showing in the "Show unread posts since last visit." link, but not so many as seemed to happen at the start.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 12:01:25 AM »

It has only happened twice to me since the software upgrade..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia