Author Topic: The Addams Family - High End Restoration  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Addams Family - High End Restoration
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »
The Pinsound Kit was a breeze to install. Definitely believe the Pinsound speakers with the Pinsound board sound better than the Pinsound with other manufacturer's speakers - but having said that, this is the new Pinsound board (V2).

Playfield progress. Just checking the LEDs for GI etc. I use Ablaze LEDs on all restorations.

Some burnt out connectors to replace !

Cleaning the Lamp Insert. I use "Simple Green" as it is not as harsh as Nifti. I leave it to soak for a minute or two and it just wipes off. I've been using Simple Green as Nifti is getting harder to source. Simple Green is a very good alternative. I use it in the Ultrasonic Cleaner as well.

More work on the playfield ;

The Ramp is a new Starship ramp. The ramp is clear, thicker than original and the holes are in the right places.

Below is a photo of the Mantis Swamp Scoop. For High End Jobs, I replace the scoops. These are brushed stainless steel, and look better than originals. A neat trick is to place a "ball drop mylar" in position where the top of the scoop touches the plastic mounted above it. This will ensure that over time, the plastic is not scratched.

Some parts were sent off to be powdercoated, and 2 days later ;

These are satin black, not matt black. So they match the original finish very well. There are some new metal playfield glass trim that I sent off that turned out really well.
Apron done - Licensed decals installed.

On the home stretch !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia